Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

School swimwear

Nude school swimming

Posted by Jon on 2001-12-05 23:52:50

When I was at primary school (newcastle UK) in 1970's / 80's our swimming lessons where mixed and outdoor (although heated water) all boys had to swim naked every time right to age 11, while girls wore costumes. however boys who reached puberty where allowed to wear trunks, although it didnt happen very often. It was all stopped a couple of years after I left the school.

Posted by qwerasdf51 on 2002-06-04 06:13:14

How was it determined when boys reached puberty? Did they just go up to the teacher and point out "hey look I've got pubic hair now"?

========== In Reply To ========== When I was at primary school (newcastle UK) in 1970's / 80's our swimming lessons where mixed and outdoor (although heated water) all boys had to swim naked every time right to age 11, while girls wore costumes. however boys who reached puberty where allowed to wear trunks, although it didnt happen very often. It was all stopped a couple of years after I left the school.

Posted by Marc Watson on 2008-04-24 19:24:42

When I was in primary school (3-8 years old) suits where optional for swimming, and hardly anyone, both boys and girls, bothered to wear them, although we always carried them. 99 times out of 100 we all went nude.

Due to time restrictions, we only had an hour each per year per day(Nursery through to Classes 1 to 4), we all found it alot easier and quicker just to strip off for swimming and walk to the pool naked (which was on school grounds). We would only wear suits if we had inspectors! Getting changed into / out of a suit took up about 10-15 minutes per time which thus restricted swimming time. By stripping naked for swimming we had about 50-55 minutes per time in the pool!

Noone was ever embrassed by it, we weren't bothered at all. The school also had a fairly relaxed attitude to nudity! Everyone (boys and girls) where given the option of seperate changing rooms but they were hardly used, everyone changed in the same big classroom.