Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

School swimwear

Changing

Posted by Bear on 2002-07-12 11:46:49

My junior school (Kent, 1960s to 1970s) didn't have its own pool, so we went to the public one (Beckenham Baths, if any readers know them). It was an ancient set of baths, with a modern teaching pool and virtually Victorian "serious" pools (known as the First Class and Second Class Pool, or something like that). Boys and girls changed in separate changing rooms (speedos for the boys, one-piece swimsuits for the girls).

One week we arrived and they were (at long last) renovating the changing rooms for the Second Class Pool, so one changing room was out of use. Boys and girls therefore had to change in the same room. Not a problem in theory, as the cubicles all had doors, but one or two doors were missing; normally, we simply didn't use those cubicles, but with 48 of us (yes, I still remember how many children there were in my second year primary school class, 33 years later ... sad, isn´t it?!) we had to use all the cubicles, and my mate and I were in a cubicle with no door -- opposite a pair of girls in a cubicle with no door! We rapidly came up with a means of protecting our modesty (very important to nine year olds in my school!); one's cubicle mate held a towel at a strategic height across the doorway while one changed. My partner was either incompetent or mischevious (the former is more likely -- he was too thick to be clever) -- and let the towel drop while I was ... err ... exposed. The girl across the room giggled delightedly and squeaked "I saw!" ... the funny thing was, at our age (or was it just at our school?) one's bottom was considered the thing to hide, and I was facing her (probably in the hope of getting a glimpse) so I wasn't more than mildly embarassed. In fact I think I replied with something like "You only saw my willie!"

She was quite apologetic afterwards for laughing at me, and I still fantasize about her offering to show me her "private parts" to make up for her having seen mine. And before anyone asks, no, she never did :(

Posted by Matt (UK) on 2002-11-18 16:51:15

At my school we never ever swam naked, but the changing room was the "dangerous" place - we did everything we could to avoid anyone in the changing rooms seeing our naked bits. This included the normal wrapping of towels around waists etc., but some boys would wear the swimming costumes under their clothes all day instead of underwear, so they had even less risk of anyone seeing them.

Posted by jimbo on 2002-12-23 16:25:58

========== In Reply To ========== At my school we never ever swam naked, but the changing room was the "dangerous" place - we did everything we could to avoid anyone in the changing rooms seeing our naked bits. This included the normal wrapping of towels around waists etc., but some boys would wear the swimming costumes under their clothes all day instead of underwear, so they had even less risk of anyone seeing them.

That sounds a bit daft, that is assuming it was a guys only changing room. After all we all have the same bits and pieces!

Posted by jacobtench on 2008-04-12 02:00:32

at our school, in the locker room, the guys and the coaches try to do everything. Very different from back then about everyone being private. We walk around naked, shower naked, talk to the coaches and everyone else naked, and go the the bathroom naked. Its a communal shower, and the toilets are exposed because the doors are missing. Alot of the time, the coach is naked too and hes 23 and their office has glass walls so you can see through them.