Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Civil Rights for Youth

random comments

Posted by ACM on 2002-05-23 01:22:26

Justin is incorrect in saying that adults' having a greater level of intelligence is a fact. This statement is, by definition, an opinion, regardless of how "true" it may seem. There is no real test for intelligence (at least in the manner that he defines it), and such a large number of statistics could not be compiled by any feasible means.

In response to Andrew, their is no such thing as a "partial antithesis", for antithesis implies complete and polar incongruity.

Posted by Justin on 2002-05-23 23:54:24

QUOTE (modified): Justin is incorrect in saying that adults' having a greater level of intelligence is a fact. This statement is by definition, an opinion...no matter how true it seems...No real test for intelligence...

You've misunderstood me, or I said something wrong. I said MOST adults have greater intelligence because of more experience and USUALLY a higher education. As this has been proven, will continue to be proven for at least a short period of time to come. There ARE exceptions. If anything, I'd say Andrew was one of them, assuming he's really a teen (or if Andrew's a female, "she" will be the better term). Can the tides change? Can youths become more intelligent than adults? YES they can. There are even a few right now who are. But have they at this time? In most cases, the answer here is no. ========== In Reply To ========== Justin is incorrect in saying that adults' having a greater level of intelligence is a fact. This statement is, by definition, an opinion, regardless of how "true" it may seem. There is no real test for intelligence (at least in the manner that he defines it), and such a large number of statistics could not be compiled by any feasible means.

In response to Andrew, their is no such thing as a "partial antithesis", for antithesis implies complete and polar incongruity.