Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Spelling and Grammar Online

Question four

Posted by BJake on 2008-03-04 13:34:59

I do not alter my level of grammatical perfection in any form regardless of the media in which I am communicating. There was no option for this. ;D

Posted by Remarkably Dark on 2008-03-04 22:14:43

Sorry. However, when you're making a poll, there's a constant tradeoff between letting everyone have their say and overwhelming people with too many options. The creativity of the pollster is also a factor. In this case, I didn't realize grammar sticklers like yourself would be looking for an option to express your stickler-ness.

Other than that, you can just leave the box unchecked. Note that none of the survey's questions were mandatory. =)

Posted by BJake on 2008-03-04 23:48:50

I was kidding! That's why the ;D. Although my grammar is pretty good, in fact people at work always got me to check reports for grammar and spelling but I do make concessions and have even used m8 or str8 in texts. I use predictive text now so you can't use things like that - pity.

A "Are you a stickler for gramatical correctness?" might have been worthwhile along with "Are sticklers for gramatical correctness $%!@ retentive or what?" :D

Posted by Remarkably Dark on 2008-03-14 01:49:25

Nice, m8. With the internet, it's hard to tell who's serious sometimes.

=D

Posted by BJake on 2008-03-24 23:57:46

Actually I have a very dry sense of humour so some people don't get when I'm joking or when I'm being serious. It's a curse :D