Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

What do you think about...?

Re: Poll

Posted by kjvonly on 2007-07-05 04:04:05

Hey guys. Just thought i'd figure out what you guys think.

Here's what I believe: Once saved always saved, Only begotten Son of God and we are all sons, Literal person, God created the Earth 10,000 or less years ago, Sleep until Christ comes back, Heaven and Hell (no purgatory), Trust in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, Abortion - Against God, Gay Marriage - Against God, Women Prechers - Against God

Thanks for taking time to do my poll.

Posted by Colin MacD on 2007-07-09 20:51:58

Just outta curiosity, why are women preachers anti-God? Is there a Biblical basis for that?

Posted by Cartwright on 2007-07-14 19:05:11

In one of the Epistles, it says that "it is a shameful thing for a woman to speak in church". I'm not sure how Paul the Evangelist came to that conclusion though, other than by the precedent in Judaism of only having male Rabbis.

Posted by kjvonly on 2007-07-15 03:44:05

It says in 1st Timothy 2:12 "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." (KJV)

Posted by Colin MacD on 2007-07-17 23:05:47

"But I suffer not a woman to teach"

I'm curious as to why you narrow it from teaching down to preaching. The Bible's injunction is much broader than your first statement indicates; it would seem to bar women from ever doing any kind of teaching anywhere. Even Lamaze. Correct?

"...but to be in silence."

A literal reading of this, I think, would tell us that women should simply never speak or make any kind of sound at all. Am I right?

How literalistic do you consider your reading of the Bible?