Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Rules to Write an Analytical Essay

Posted by Andy Woods on 2020-10-06 07:42:42

Critical and Descriptive Writing: Getting the Right Balance

Many of the essay writers on a good essay writing service will already be accustomed to descriptive writing, where you will describe a process, an idea, or a subject. In most of the essays, descriptive writing is used from presenting the claim, giving the background information to presenting the evidence and examples. But without other types of writing and just the descriptive writing, we wouldn’t be able to go beyond stating the information. To inquire and evaluate further into the subject matter we require critical writing. 

“Help me write my essay,” those not well-versed in critical writing might find themself asking. All highest grades for an essay go to the writings that are critical and involve the writer’s interpretation and analysis. The descriptive writing, no matter how good, can only get you so far. 

Descriptive writing

Descriptive writing doesn’t involve the writer’s input but is dependent on the information about the subject in the form of facts and figures. It can be in the form of a background to the subject matter, an issue, or process. Using descriptive writing you can summarize volumes of information, provide detailed information, and give an account of the subject.

Critical writing

While descriptive writing takes a passive approach to the subject at hand, critical writing gets actively involved with its content. Going beyond the descriptive opens up possibilities of inquiring into subjects, reflecting upon them, and challenging them.

It is objective writing rich in analytical reasoning. The ideas and subjects are openly debated without any biases to hinder or skew one’s vision. The critical writing tries to be a complete argument, in that it anticipates the readers’ reactions and tries to answer them. It will be the first to bring up the drawbacks and fallings of ideas and opinions presented by the writer.

When to use each writing style

Descriptive writing

Here I will sequence the use of descriptive writing according to their placement in a traditional exemplification essay structure.

In the introduction

The descriptive writing is foremost used when you introduce and narrow down the subject to the reader. You will then go onto describe the thesis plan about how you devise to present your ideas and claims to support your thesis.

In the body paragraphs

Each body will start by describing the claim or idea for the paragraphs, in the topic sentence, and a couple of lines that follow. After the reader is well informed with the ideas, the evidence to support the statement will soon follow. 

The evidence will be presented describing an instance, a study, or an experiment. The facts and stats will be presented separately. Here you can use the style to quote a source, explaining it your own words. 

Critical writing

All of the critical writing is to be found in the body paragraphs. 

Essays that want you to demonstrate your critical thinking should get to presenting evidence quickly without extra description. You will organize and place the evidence to convey your logic. Your main argument will be analyzed after you provide the reader with evidence. 

Critical writing comes to its full form when you start to measure your arguments against others. It allows the writer to discuss and compare the competing arguments, weighing them up against each other. The relationships between the arguments and ideas will also be evaluated before moving into further analysis.

A second analysis will include your rebuttal as you apply your judgment and give further reasoning why your idea merits the reader’s approval. With that, the conclusion will be drawn 

Various Task Words

The task words are indicators of what type of writing the essay prompt expects from you. Critical writing cannot be accomplished without descriptive writing to establish ideas and arguments for the readers. However, in critically written essays, the description is kept to emphasize analysis and evaluation. 

• Descriptive writing: Define, Describe, Explain, Examine, Explore, Identify, etc.
  • Critical writing: Critically evaluate, Assess, Evaluate, Discuss, Justify, etc.

MyPerfectWords offers the most comprehensive essay writing service, with custom-written essays on any and every academic subject. Our essays can help you get the grades you need by giving you a template you can learn from and build on with your own original work. There's no faster or simpler way to get the results you need.

Posted by Lewis Patton on 2020-11-18 12:37:31

Yesterday I was reading an article prepared by edugeeksclub reviews s discussing the difference of opinion in regards to watching movie titanic. All these past years it has been a long time the movie premiered but still I watch it with same interest and attention. I like the scenes of the dinner dialogues most.

Posted by ParryPaul on 2020-11-19 05:00:24

Keep it up! I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog

Posted by james pattinson on 2020-12-26 09:29:04

webroot.com/safe antivirus software assures the user with the best defense for their computers. Its user interface concentrates on simplicity and is more impressive than its competitors.