Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Correcting error in poll

Posted by FeminineFuture on 2009-08-19 20:44:28

I asked a question with the intended options being "Yes" and "No". How do I correct this. Do I edit the poll and re-launch or what. I don't want to lose the responses I've gotten so far

Posted by Mister Poll on 2009-08-19 21:46:14

If you're just changing the labels of existing choices, that can easily be done without affecting current responses. Just edit the poll, edit the question, and change the choice text. No need to relaunch.

If you need to delete or add choices, you can do that too without relaunching. If the old choices have received votes, they may still show up in your results even though they have been removed.

Posted by FeminineFuture on 2009-08-25 17:46:44

I added the missing "No" option and saved the poll. When nothing changed after several days, I re-launched the poll. It's been about five days now. No "submitted to directory" symbol shows against the poll. It cannot be found through Search. Poll is about affirmative action.

Also, I created a new poll about four days ago. It is about single sex education. It has no "submitted to directory" symbol showing against it and it cannot be found through Searrch. Neither this poll nor the affirmative action poll appear on my profile page. The affirmative action one did, but then disappeared.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2009-08-25 20:09:34

I just placed your affirmative action poll back into the directory. I do see the Single Sex Education poll in your profile.