Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Is Visiting a Private Poll Hacking?

This topic is locked. No new messages are allowed.
Posted by Bingy's Bro on 2009-05-17 06:09:19

I know this sorta got covered and the discussion got closed, but I still don't get it. If I'm on a directory, then it's only public polls. But if I search for stuff in Yahoo and it takes me to a poll on Misterpoll, how is anyone even supposed to know it's private, unless it says keep out? Can you really be arrested for that??? Is that hacking???

Posted by Mister Poll on 2009-05-17 18:03:45

I am not a lawyer, but my common sense tells me that no, of course it's not hacking. You would just be accessing information that was published on a public web server (mine). No security mechanisms were bypassed or hacked in any way.

Posted by kathleen_nylawgirl on 2009-05-17 21:54:24

Bingy's Bro, as you theorized and Mister Poll responded, accessing a private poll by means of discovering such poll on a public search engine is not by itself ''computer hacking.''

However, accessing that data or other information about Mister Poll account holders by means of hacking into their personal computers or into their email accounts on third party servers is indeed illegal. It is, in fact, a federal felony and, yes, you can very well indeed be arrested for that.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2009-05-18 19:43:13

Sure, breaking into a computer or protected email account is obviously hacking. That's largely irrelevant though, since it isn't what the original poster actually asked about.

Kathleen, I know based on our private conversations, that your "example" scenario is related to a different situation that you are pursuing. If you are indeed a lawyer, I ask you to please conduct yourself professionally and pursue any legal matters through appropriate and official channels. Your last several posts in our public forum have only served to spread needless FUD, and such behavior is not welcomed here.