Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Why all the "Yes on 8 ads?"

Posted by totoro on 2008-10-12 15:40:54

As a gay person, I have been very offended by the lies that the "Yes on prop 8" people have been saying about us! I wonder why you are even giving them the time of day. You do have lots of gay people on this site you know. I assume that you probably don't put a litmus test on ads, but I just feel I have to vent!

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-10-12 18:55:23

Google's ad engine chooses the ads that run on the site -- not us. We do have some control to block competitors or offense ads, but only if we've seen the ads and can get the necessary information from them. I have not personally seen the ads you're talking about, and to be honest, I wasn't even familiar with what "Yes on 8" meant until I Googled it. I'm guessing the ad is only being shown to Californians, since it seems to be a CA proposition.

In general though, if you do see an ad that you find offensive, please send me a screenshot at misterpoll@misterpoll.com. That way, I can review it. Plus, a screenshot normally contains the information we need to block an ad using Google's tools.

Posted by totoro on 2008-10-12 20:00:59

Thanks for the clarification. I actually really enjoy this site as you can probably tell. I'm actually just mad at the "yes on 8" people, not you. I just wanted to be sure that you weren't officially endorsing their position. Even if you were, I believe that it would be your right to do so, but it would also be my right to vent.

On another subject, I am quite happy that most of the debates in the politics, religion, and controversy sections have become more respectful than they were in the past. Although I am quite opinionated myself, I have tried very hard to avoid insulting other respondants. It seems like most other people are doing the same. I hope this trend continues.

Posted by RK47 on 2008-10-22 19:55:54

Totoro

At this site, you might provide a listing of all the No on 8 sites in a forum message. it might balance it a little.