Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Flagging

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-08-18 18:14:30

Ok, it's cleared. The poll looked fine.

Posted by ibrahim on 2008-08-25 14:13:25

I find that the flagging policy should be thoroughly changed. Just a moment ago I unwillingly flagged a poll. I only clicked on 'flag' to see what will happen and to my surprise the poll was immediately flagged. In order to post a message I have to log in. I think that in order to flag a poll one should also log in and explain why they want to flag it. Or at least a dialog box should appear asking 'are you sure you want to flag it'. I didn't imagine that it is so absurdly easy to flag other people's polls. Anyone can do it without any reason at all.

Posted by Blackninja133 on 2008-08-25 15:24:14

They are changing it so more people have to flag it to trigger a flagging, but the reason thing is good too.

Posted by DDH52 on 2008-10-30 03:16:33

There are some people who copy one of their replies and paste the identical text in replies to multiple polls. One member is particularly abusive this way lately in the politics category - someone with the name of "NINA" who obviously is using the same deceitful tactics of the republican campaign. That person is entitled to his or her opinion, but salting the same message in every remotely relevant poll is no way to get their message across. Furthermore, their user profile is not accessible.

Posted by soulerflare on 2008-11-03 06:06:40

Hello,

I have been running a poll on MisterPoll researching voter intentions in the Presidential election. This evening I noticed my poll had been flagged by someone. Obviously, my poll does not violate any of MP's standards and I believe it was targeted simply because someone does not like the implications of the question I am asking.

My poll is being conducted for research purposes. I really do not want people to shy away because of someone's irresponsible flagging.

The poll is titled True Consciene Presidential Poll. I know your staff is stretched, but could you please look into unflagging?

Thank you.