Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Flagging

Posted by faithplusone on 2008-07-22 21:02:36

My poll "Should Husbands Obey" was flagged for inappropriate content. There is nothing in there that's inappropriate and certainly nothing about children. I definitely think it was flagged for no reason other than someone didn't care for the subject matter. I know that just because a poll is flagged doesn't mean it will be taken down, but the fact that it is flagged may put off some people from taking the poll in the first place. I would suggest that only registered users be allowed to flag polls AND that they not be allowed to do so anonymously AND that if a user is found to be a nuissance random flagger then they should be booted off the site.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-07-23 17:45:30

It should be unflagged now. I will be making some changes to the flagging system in the near future to help prevent improper flagging.

Posted by Blackninja133 on 2008-07-27 16:33:54

What kind of changes in the near future to help prevent improper flagging?

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-07-28 00:13:35

It will mostly be behind-the-scenes changes, having mostly to do with how many flags it takes for a flagging to stick. Right now, just one person flagging a poll will give the "evil mark", and people are definitely abusing this.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-07-28 06:30:23

I replied to kimchee via email, but I'll note it here as well.

No, messages are not deleted simply because somebody flagged them. That simply notifies us that we need to take a look at it. Mister Poll reviewers only delete content that meets one of these conditions:

• sexual in nature and involves or mostly targets minors (under 18)
  • feels predatory, especially toward minors
  • encourages violence or hatred
  • contains derogatory racial terms (like "the n-word")
  • the poll creator states he/she is under 14 years old

Keep in mind that a forum owner can delete messages at any time for any reason they like.

When a message is deleted, it is actually only marked as deleted rather than being removed from our database. So, even though it doesn't show up on the web site, we can still look it up. I don't see any deleted messages tied to your account. Maybe your message didn't actually get posted properly for some reason, or is it possible that you have another Mister Poll account under a different email address that you may have posted that message from?

In any case, I don't see it (even in a deleted state) in your "Kimchee" account.