Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Censor results?

Posted by voltron88x on 2008-06-03 18:00:37

Is there a way to prevent poll users from viewing the results? I want to be the only able to view them.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-06-04 03:59:54

No, sorry, there isn't currently a way to hide the poll results. We may offer that as an option at some point, though.

Posted by 0ZERO on 2008-06-04 06:18:11

I CAN SEE WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO DO THAT. THEY DONT SHOW WHO PEOPLE VOTED FOR SO PEOPLE ARENT JUST DOING IT BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT AND YOURE NOT REALLY SUPPOSED TO TELL WHO YOU VOTED FOR. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW EVEN THOUGH I KIND OF AGREE IT SHOULD BE AN OPTION THAT PEOPLE WILL MORE LIKELY VOTE IF THEY GET TO SEE THE RESULTS OR IT SEEMS LIKE THEYRE JUST ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION AND NOT GETTING TO SEE YOUR OPTION. NOT LETTING PEOPLE VIEW RESULTS UNTIL THEY HAVE VOTED MAKES SENSE UNLESS THEY CARED ENOUGH TO COME IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO VOTED FOR THE POLL OUTSIDE OF MISTER POLL. BUT IN GENERAL PEOPLE WOULD JUST VOTE AND BE LESS ENCOURAGED TO FOLLOW THE CROWD. LIKE HOW ON YOUTUBE WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT BUT IT HAS 20- THUMBS DOWN CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE WAS THUMBS DOWNING THEM UNTIL SOMEONE SAYS WTF WHY DOES THIS HAVE -20 THUMBS DOWN THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH IT? AND PEOPLE GIVE THAT 30+ AND -20 IS MADE +10 THUMBS UP CAUSE A MIND HAVING A CONVERSATION IS REPLACING MINDLESS SUGGESTION. BUT I DIGRESS.

Posted by voltron88x on 2008-06-04 18:27:13

caps lock buddy

Posted by blogcabins on 2009-05-14 19:16:34

How about now? I'd really like to be able to hide the results. The poll is for an awards event and I don't want the voters to be able to see the results until all voting is complete.