Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Deleting Votes & Viewing Results

Posted by Paikea on 2008-05-07 16:00:28

Hello - MP rookie here.

Background: I have a private, 1-question poll for a handful of people I know, asking which date they would prefer for an event. There are 3 answers, each with a blank to let me know for whom they are voting - there may be a better way of doing this, but it's the best I could figure out when setting it up.

Two Q's:

1. Is there any way to delete someone's vote?

One person wanted to vote for Date #1, but typed in the text box for #2 - therefore, inadvertently voting for #2. She would like to re-vote.

1. Do the downloadable results include any text input by the voter in the box provided by each answer?

I would like to know what, if anything, people typed by their selection. I can't download the results to my work computer due to restrictions put in place by IT, so I may be able to answer this for myself when I get home and can see for myself what's included.

Any help is greatly appreciated ... thanks!

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-05-08 03:05:20

Hi Paikea,

1. Sorry, no, there is not currently a way to delete somebody's vote. I could see where this might be useful on occasion, but I think it would be tough to come up with a straightforward interface for that which would not confuse your average web surfer. If you like, I can delete it behind the scenes for you. Email me directly at misterpoll@misterpoll.com with a link to your poll and details about what vote you want removed.

2. Yes indeed, they do. The downloaded results will include everything, including blanks, essays, etc.

I hope that helps!