Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Usabiliy Requests

Posted by Remarkably Dark on 2008-03-26 20:37:09

I'm really digging your site. The interface is great, and it's nice to be able to ask multiple questions in the same poll. I also like the variety of question types that are available, and the ability to download a poll's results. However...

1. It'd be really nice if polls that had been closed no longer appeared in the directory listing.

2. It'd also be really nice if right after you finished a poll, it would show you the results and tell you how many messages the poll had. Or you could just put the results, the first few messages, and a few other polls by that user on the same page. (This is my favorite option.) Either way, I think the message system would end up getting used a lot more.

3. What purpose do the launches serve? Why do I have to name my launches? I think the default behavior should be that a poll is listed in a directory forever, and I should only have to name my launch if I want to. Then there would be advanced options that would allow you to launch a poll a second time and limit a poll's response numbers or duration.

4. It'd be really dandy if you could "subscribe" to poll message threads, just like you can on most forum systems. That way, you wouldn't have to check back and potentially be disappointed if no one had replied.

Again, don't get the wrong idea. Your site is beautiful as it is! I'd be happy if you implemented even one of these. =)

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-03-27 00:01:01

Thanks for the suggestions!

1. This is already on my list and is definitely needed.
  2. Good thoughts. The after-vote page does need some tuning, and pulling in a few sample messages and polls from the same author would be good additions.
  3. The launches are really there so that you can launch a poll more than once and so you have a separate test launch for your own experimentation. When we re-launched the web site with this concept, I did consider a basic / advanced approach, so that launches are mostly invisible or no-worry unless you are truly launching more than once. I wanted to see how people took to the concept first, though.
  4. Notifications / subscriptions of various kinds, including for threads, are on my list. I agree it would be quite helpful.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Posted by Blackninja133 on 2008-04-02 16:51:30

Remarkably Dark: Those suggestions rocked hard! :) You think, and you have my respect for it!

Misterpoll: You have a "list"? What "list"? Can you tell us more of this "list"?

Blackninja133

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-04-02 18:23:40

Yes, indeed. I have a ticket system that I use to track bugfixes, feature enhancements, etc.