Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Misterpoll crashes my browser

Posted by jtur88 on 2008-03-26 16:48:32

I created a poll, and when I clicked 'launch this poll', my CPU usage went to 100% and stayed there, and I had to go to task manager and end process to close my browser. Now, when I go back in, and I just click "your polls", my polls won't even open, the same thing keeps happening. How do I get unstuck?

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-03-26 19:12:10

Hmm... I've never seen that happen. Could you tell me what web browser and operating system you're using?

Posted by jtur88 on 2008-03-26 22:18:09

Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0. I even rebooted, still does it. Similar problem never happens on any other website. However, if I use Firefox, it works, but not IE. When I use Firefox, the 'your polls' page opens, I get a CPU usage spike for a few seconds, then "A script on the page may be busy, or it has stopped running". I choose 'continue', and it proceeds normally.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-03-26 23:56:20

Ahh... I see the problem. You have 176 polls. Not that I'm going to discourage prolific poll creation. However, the Your Polls page currently shows all of your polls on one page. I need to add paging to it, so it only shows say 20 at a time. It's been on my to-do list for quite awhile, but I guess I need to bump it up in priority. It seems more people are creating large numbers of polls, which overall, is a good thing.

Until I get that fix in, I guess use Firefox instead of IE -- which is good advice anyway. :-)

Posted by jtur88 on 2008-03-27 03:03:14

Thanks. Didn't know it was that many. You're right about Firefox, but I had a few tech problems with it. But it's no big deal to open it when I went to go to MisterPoll. But my computer leaks memory, and it drains faster through Firefox.