Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Ban offensive spammer

Posted by Malph on 2007-12-06 07:00:24

I know you've heard it before, but please ban "The Asskicking Ghandi" and his other account "The AssLICKING Ghandi". He's promoting illegal activities (like Dog Fighting) constantly. He also spams polls made by people he dislikes with obscene messages.

Please ban him, and as soon as possible if you can.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2007-12-06 07:21:55

Malph, I will take a look, but the guy has posted several hundred messages, so it is difficult for me to randomly select a few and find any that are grounds for deleting his account(s). If you, or anybody else, can point to some specific examples, please let me know.

Posted by Malph on 2007-12-07 00:30:16

This is the first one I could find.

Kill a Wolf, Save a Human

Posted by The AssLICKING Gandhi on 2007-06-20 17:38:18

I have over two dozen wolves killed. The last one I just wounded and cut up with a chainsaw.

If you need more evidence, I'll find more.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2007-12-08 22:14:57

Ok, I've reviewed quite a number of his messages, and I agree with you -- he's nothing but a troll. He's clearly here just to antagonize people. His old account (AssLICKING Gandhi) is already disabled, and has been since late October. However, as you can see, he simply created a new account the very next day. I can disable this one too, but you know what will happen. He'll just sign up for a new one, and there is no way to prevent that.

The thing about trolls is that they delight in annoying people. Their goal is to provoke a response. When people stop responding to their antics, there is no reward for them. The game gets boring, and they eventually move on. Granted, some trolls have a lot more patience than others. They will step up their attempts, try harder to provoke, wait it out for longer than you expected, but in the end -- if they don't get what they want, 99% will go away at some point. You just have to be able to win the war of patience and will.

So as tempting as it is to tell him to go to hell, my recommendation would be to completely ignore him and not respond to anything he posts -- ever. For as long as it takes. If you own a forum, continue to delete his messages as well. The less they are around to be read, the less likely somebody will give in and respond to them.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear. I wish there was a perfect technical solution for forum trolls, but there just isn't. For my part though, I will put improved tools for mass message / thread deletion on my "to do" list. I will also see if I can come up with some ways to let forum owners to ban users in ways that are better than just a specific user account, which would only help for about 5 minutes until they sign up for a new one. Perhaps I could let you ban on nickname patterns as well.

I'm open to suggestions.

Posted by Malph on 2007-12-09 10:09:27

Thank you for the help. It helps to know that my idea to ignore him isn't as dumb as it originally seemed. I guess I'll try to ignore him.