Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Official Mister Poll Forum

Most recent polls should be displayed first

Posted by vuurvos on 2007-12-06 07:03:06

With the old version of misterpoll i search for a keyword and the newest poll's came up first and the oldest polls below the page. Now when i type a keyword and search i get only a couple of polls. I like it as this going back like the old version of misterpoll.

Posted by Mister Poll on 2007-12-06 07:17:45

vuurvos, how many is "a few"? There shouldn't be any searches that used to give a lot of results that now give only, say, 3. The new search does show only the first 50 matches currently, but we will be working on paged results shortly.

Posted by MiguelAndreas on 2007-12-09 16:33:48

It would be nice id the search defaulted to date order, but gave you the chance to swap to relevancy (and back again) if you want. Even better would be to have a preference that allows everyone to set their preferred result display style, and sow accordingly (I just LOVE making work for people :D)

Posted by Mister Poll on 2007-12-10 09:09:33

Sort by date is back!

See the release notes posted here:

http://www.misterpoll.com/forums/1/topics/154182

Enjoy!

Posted by Mister Poll on 2008-01-02 18:32:50

Oops. It should be working properly again. The problem was the we had a backlog of modified polls that had not been reviewed since the new site went online. This means they also had not been put into the search index yet, even though they were older polls. We caught up on those reviews just before New Year's.

The "search by freshness" feature lists the polls in the order they are added to the index, which is normally in date order. However, these older polls were added out of order, so they were being listed out of order. I just forced a complete search index rebuild, so the results are now in correct date order again. I believe things should stay that way now.