Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
ADULT: OFF HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

The Dungeon Games 2

I've decided to make another Dungeon Games poll because... why not? You don't have to have done the first one, but if you want to, it can be found here: http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/594497 The Dungeon Games is a poll where you are taken to an unknown location and force to participate in various challenges with other people. The rewards are great if you win, but if you come in last...
Like the first one, I have some about-you questions. First of which being "Are you male or female?"
Female
Male
How old are you? (Only people ages 12-20 are taken to participate in the Dungeon Games. If you are older than 20, tick the last option and pretend that you're 20 for the length of the poll.)
<12 (Please leave. You are not yet ready for the Dungeon Games.)
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
>20 (Pretend you're 20 for the rest of the poll.)
Where do you live? (Name country, province or state and if you're in a rural, suburban or urban environment.)
Tick the options that would describe you:
Patient
Intelligent
Strange
Short-Tempered
Shy
Socially Uneasy
Creative
Lazy
Athletic
Socially Outgoing
Nice
Dull
Cool
Energetic
Private
More of an inside-person
Fun
Brave
More of an outside-person
Impatient
Clever
Reckless
Happy-go-lucky
Quiet
Artistic
Rate your athletic ability: (10 being at the professional level; 1 being a couch potato.)
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
Rate your logic and problem-solving ability: (10 being that guy who solves the Rubik's cube in 20 seconds; 1 being that person who seems lost all the time.)
10
9
8
7
6
5
4
3
2
1
(If you've done the last Dungeon Games, you can skip this one and the next one.) When an answer has something like (C1) at the end, that means that you skip to the question or paragraph that has that number and letter. So, if you pick an answer that says (A3) at the end, then you skip A1, A2, and A4 and answer (Or read) A3 only, then skipping to the next questions without a letter-number thing. (Also, please do NOT go back and change your answer after you have read/answered something that you don't like.) Understand?
I understand perfectly.
I sorta get it.
No, you've lost me.
(DQA) Questions that have a (DQA) in the beginning can't be answered. Just read all the "options" and move on without clicking an answer. (I do this to keep information more organized.) Got it?
Yes
No
Like last time, we are starting at your home on an average, late Spring day. You're inside, alone, with nothing more constructive than watching TV or messing around on the internet to do. These next 3 questions will be you stating your attire: (What shirt do you have on?)
Bra only
Nothing; Bare-Chested
Sweatshirt
Button-down shirt
T-shirt
Undershirt
Sweater
Dress shirt
Now your pants/legwear:
Nothing (I get you're alone and all, but...)
Shorts
Dress pants
Jeans
Sweatpants
Gym shorts
Underpants/panties
Long Skirt
Short Shorts
Short Skirt
What kind of footwear?
Dress Shoes (Category of flats, heels, ect.)
Boots
Socks
Flip-flops
Slippers
Nothing; Barefoot
Sandals
Gym Shoes
After wasting a lot of time, it's still going to be a while before anyone comes to your home (Assuming you live with family or are having company over.). For whatever reason, you decide to see what's going on outside. When you pull open the door, there's a letter addressed to you, sitting right outside the doorway. You open it up and read it...
The letter is short. It reads: "You are one of several people chosen to participate in the event of the Dungeon Games. You are taken to an unknown place and are given 5 trials to pass through. Depending on how you do, you will have a great reward at the end, and all expenses will be paid for your travel. We will explain to your family what is going on and you will be excused from school and and jobs you have." The letter says that if you accept, go to a corner of two streets on your block, which would take some walking to get to from your home. It says that people will be there at exactly 1:45. If you're not there, then you pass up your chance. You look at the nearest clock. It's 1:42 right now. What do you do?
Go out the door, shutting it behind be. I instantly start running to the designated spot. (A1)
I quickly change into more appropriate clothes and/or put on shoes before leaving. (A1)
I roll my eyes, shut the door and toss the letter out. (A2)
(A1) You run as quickly as possible, making a turn and then running down the sidewalk, making it to the corner right as a black sports car parks there. A man steps out of the passenger's seat. He's wearing a black suits & tie, with sunglasses and something pulled over his mouth. He says: "I would assume you're [Mr./Ms.] [Insert your name]?" You nod. "Then, if you could step inside..." He opens the door to the back seat and gestures for you to go in. Having faint second thoughts, you sit in the car. The man gets in his seat and shuts the door. The driver is another man in similar clothing. "This is going to be a long trip, so get comfortable..."
(A2) 20 minutes later, you hear a knock at the door. Without even thinking about it, you open the door to answer it. Two men stand there, both in black suits with dark sunglasses and some sort of mask covering their mouths. "Are you [Mr./Ms.] [Insert your name]?" A little confused, you nod. "Then I'll need you to come with us." What do you do?
Slam the door and run to call the police. (A2 - 1)
Go willingly and without a fight. (A2 - 2)
(A2 - 1) You try to slam the door, but one of the men stops it with his hand. The other one grabs you by the collar. They're apparently stronger than they look. You struggle helplessly as handcuffs are put on your hands, behind your back. They then force you out the door. You finally accept defeat and allow them to shove you in the back of a black sports car. "Get comfortable," One says, "this is going to be a long ride."
(A2 - 2) You hold out your hands and lower your head. Handcuffs are applied to your wrists and you are led out the door and into a black sports car. You are shoved into the back seat and the two men get in the driver's and passenger's seats. One of them says: "Get comfortable. This is going to be a long ride."
Next thing you know, you're waking up in a room that's very dimly illuminated by the four light bulbs in the center of the ceiling. All you remember is the extremely long car ride, then getting out and going on a plane which housed only you, several men dressed like the ones you met, and one other person which you can't remember too well. Somehow you must have dozed out on the plane.
You seem to be lying on some sort of cushioned bench, which is barely long enough for you to lay across it. You sit up on the bench, waiting to come to your senses. You notice a light switch-like object on the wall behind some - wait, are those bars? You sit up and walk across the cold floor to the switch, pushing the knob up all the way, and lighting up what seems to be some sort of prison cell. Besides the bench, there is a sink and toilet pushed into one corner of the room. There is also a rectangular mirror set up against one of the cinderblock walls. The floor and ceiling are made of solid concrete. One of the walls seems to be some sort of metal with metal bars with a foot of space between them for reinforcement. The door is made of heavy steel. You had reached your hand through a barred window in the door, and two more similar windows are in the metallic wall. A fourth barred window was in the cinderblocks, right above the mirror, and it let you see that it was night outside. The air in the room is chilly, but not too cold.
You look down and notice you are in the exact same clothes that you were wearing when you were taken into the car. (The only exception being that you are now shoeless if you had on flip-flops, slippers, or dress shoes with no socks. You have socks if you wore boots or dress shoes with socks.) Not knowing what to do, you plop yourself on the bench again and wait. Not 2 minutes later, you hear a voice and see someone through the small window in the door. "Here. We want you to put these on." Another one of those men pushed some sort of clothing items through a square on the door that opened up like a doggie door, which you hadn't noticed before. You walk over to examine the clothes. One item is the top of a grey, prison-like jumpsuit with a zipper going down the front. The second is similar, just pants instead. You pause a while before putting them on. "Don't worry", the man says, "You'll get your clothes back in a while." He turns his head. "And I won't look. Make it quick." You change into the jumpsuit as quickly as you can. You knock on the door to show that you're done, and the man opens up the mini-door for you to shove your clothes through. Then he takes your clothes, puts them in a cheap plastic bag, and walks away, saying: "We'll send someone to get you in a moment."
After what is about 15 minutes, the man comes back with your clothes. He shoves them through the mini-door. "There. Now, we're taking you out of there. Get dressed and get ready to go." He looks away again, and you quickly change back into your normal clothes. You don't notice any difference in them. You knock on the door to show that you're done. When the man opens the door, you finally notice 2 other stronger-looking men in similar clothing. They quickly handcuff you behind your back and take the jumpsuit from you. Then, without any more words, they lead you out another metal door and into a hallway with white tile floors and grey-painted walls...
(DQA) As you are led around the hallways, you try to keep track of the place, though you quickly lose your sense of direction. The men don't, though. They take you through a pair of double-doors which lead outside. It's a clear night, and the moon is a half moon. You look around, and there are two other people here who are handcuffed behind their backs, standing on a white line. You walk on a dirt path to a large, concrete square on the ground. There is some sort of asphalt track which has lines drawn on it and weaves around the outdoor area. Two sides of this place are the walls of a huge building which you were just in, dark windows showing up regularly, showing the 3 floors. The other two sides you can see are two tall, chain-link fences with an electric fence warning sign on them. You are led up the path to the line where the other 2 are standing around. The men that held you move to the concrete square and plot themselves down on some chairs, joining the other, similarly-dressed men. Soon, another pair brings out the 4th person and moves her out to the line, doing the same as they did with you.
The first person in the line is a girl with long, dark hair. She seems about 17 or 18 years old, and has an athletic build and has a thin middle body. At your best guess, she is about 5'11". She is dressed in a black hoodie, blue skinny jeans and grey and blue gym shoes with ankle socks.
The person to your left is a boy, maybe about 16. He has semi-short, brown hair and has a somewhat athletic build. You guess that he's 5'09". He wears a red sleeveless shirt with dark-colored shorts and has black socks on his feet.
The girl who just walked up looks like she just barely turned 15. Her brownish-blond hair is shoulder-length, and she is clearly thin. She seems to be about 5'05". She is wearing a light T-shirt, gym shorts, and has nothing on her feet.
The four of you stand in the cold area for a while before you hear a voice behind you. Everyone turns to see a man dressed in a grey suit with grey hair and black glasses, standing on a balcony that overlooks the area. There's a person with a camera behind him. "Welcome to the Dungeon Games." He says in a very announcer-like voice. "We will explain everything soon, but for now, we are taking a look at your athletic abilities. All you have to do is run a full lap of this course. It doesn't matter who gets first or last - but do your best anyway." The people who brought you here walk up and undo everyone's handcuffs. "When you're done, just sit on the benches until we're ready to move on. Oh, and also, we're in an enclosed area, so don't try running off. Ready?" Choose the option with your footwear and running ability. (There are only options for "good runner" and "bad runner." If you're average, flip a coin or something.)
Good Runner - Gym Shoes (B1)
Good Runner - Sandals (B2)
Good Runner - Socks (B3)
Good Runner - Barefoot (B4)
Bad Runner - Gym Shoes (B5)
Bad Runner - Sandals (B6)
Bad Runner - Socks (B7)
Bad Runner - Barefoot (B8)
(B1) A whistle blows, and everyone sprints off from their starting positions. Within seconds, You are slightly behind the older girl with the only (other is you're male) boy catching up, while the last girl obviously doesn't run much. As the race goes on, nothing too unusual happens in the track. The boy and girl behind you get a hang of things and almost catch up to you and the older girl, who are neck-and-neck, competing for first. The first obstacle appears: bars that run across the track. Everyone easily jumps over some and ducks under the rest, and the race continues. Positions do little to switch during the run, until the second of the two obstacles appears: you simply have to jump, grab a rope, and land on the other side for several gaps. You slip once or twice on the ropes, putting you in 3rd when the running continues. As the end line approaches, you sprint ahead of the boy and the girl in 1st trips at the last second, giving you 1st place.
(B2) A whistle sound, and everyone's off. Unsurprisingly, the older-looking girl takes lead almost immediately, followed by the only (possibly excluding you) boy, while you try to get used to running in sandals. The younger girl is obviously not very athletic. As the run goes on, the boy catches up and starts competing for first, and you and the younger girl catch up as you get used to running. Then the first obstacle presents itself. Several bars are stretched across the track. Everyone easily leaps over some and ducks under the rest, and you take 2nd place from the boy. The race goes on a bit longer, and you start falling behind a little. Then the second obstacle: you have to jump and swing on ropes across gaps, almost Tarzan-style. You slip on the rope several times, but so does the girl in 1st. When you get back to running, you're competing for 1st with the boy as the finish line approaches. But right at the last second, the older girl sprints ahead, putting you in 3rd.
(B3) You hear a whistle, and everyone sprints onto the track. You, the boy, and the oldest girl all compete for first while the obviously non-athletic younger girl lags behind a little. As the race goes on, the oldest girl moves gradually ahead, and you are between her and the boy. You can already feel the holes starting to rip in your socks. The first of 2 obstacles is a collection of bars set across the track, though everyone clears these easily by jumping or ducking under. The girl in last begins to catch up after this. The race goes on longer, and no one gets ahead of anyone. Then the 2nd and last obstacle appears. You have to jump and grab ropes, swinging them to get across gaps. The girl in 1st slips several times more than you, allowing you and the boy to take 1st and 2nd. The finish line approaches, and the boy jolts ahead at the last second, putting you in 2nd.
(B4) Someone sounds a whistle, and instantly everyone's running. Unsurprisingly, the athletic-looking girl takes lead, with you and the boy competing for 2nd while the younger girl lags behind slightly. Your feet quickly got numb from the cold, so you can hardly feel them pound against the track. The race goes on, and the girl in last begins to catch up. Then you come to the first obstacle. Everyone easily clears the bars set across the track by jumping over or ducking under them. You and the other boy catch up with the girl in first now. The race continues, and the girl in last meets up with the rest of you. You come to the last obstacle - you have you jump on ropes and swing on them to get across gaps. This isn't too difficult, but you slip several times, allowing the faster 2 racers to get ahead of you. The finish line approaches quickly, and you can't sprint ahead fast enough to get 2nd, landing you in 3rd.
(B5) The whistle blows, and everyone's off. Almost immediately, the older girl takes lead with the (possibly) only boy behind her. Unlike him and the girl behind you, you're wearing shoes for the occasion, but you're not exactly the fastest runner. The race goes on longer, and you and the last girl gradually catch up to the other two. Then the first obstacle. Everyone easily avoids the bars set across the track by jumping or ducking, but some people stumble. The race continues a little longer, and then the second obstacle: you have you jump across gaps using ropes, Tarzan-style. Everyone slips frequently on these, but you do pretty well. You seize first place, but you are quickly sent back to 3rd. The finish line approaches, and at the last second the boy trips, allowing you to take 2nd.
(B6) The whistle blows, and you're clearly not quite ready to run. Unsurprisingly, the athletic girl and boy start competing for first place while you lag behind in last, the younger girl slightly ahead of you. You expect to get last, since your feet are numb from the cold, you aren't the best runner, and you're wearing sandals. But you keep going anyway. Eventually you and the 2nd girl start catching up to the other two. Then the first obstacle: bars set across the track. Everyone easily clears these by jumping or ducking, and you start closing the gap between you and your faster competition. The last obstacle quickly comes. Everyone has to jump, grab a rope, and make it across a gap, repeating this process several times. Everyone slips constantly, but you eventually make it back to the track. After that, the finish line comes quickly, and you trip up several times in your sandals, landing you in 4th.
(B7) Someone blows a whistle, and quickly everyone sprints off. You're not surprised to have started off in 3rd, with the boy in 2nd, the athletic girl 1st, and the younger girl last, who obviously isn't very athletic. The race goes on like a normal one for a while, as you and the younger girl start to close the gap between you and the other 2. By the time the first of 2 obstacles arrive, you can feel holes appearing in your socks. Everyone clears the bars set across the track by either jumping over them or ducking under them, then the normal race resumes. No one gets ahead of anyone else for the next short run. Then the second obstacle appears: You have to jump, grab a rope, and swing across a gap several times. The first 2 people slip a lot, but you manage to get ahead, taking 1st back on the track. But your victory is short-lived, since the 2 faster runners get ahead right at the last second, putting you in 3rd.
(B8) A whistle sounds, and everyone is off. Unsurprisingly, you end up in 3rd, halfway between the younger girl and the older girl and boy, who are competing for 1st. You quickly begin to understand how the last girl feels: you're not a good runner, and you're running barefoot in the cold. Your feet are numb enough that you can hardly feel the track. After a pretty normal run, the first obstacle appears: bars set across the track. Everyone easily clears these, either by jumping over or ducking under them. You and the last girl begin to catch up with the other two in the short run afterwards. Then the 2nd and final obstacle appears. You have to jump, grab a rope, and swing across a gap several times. Everyone slips constantly, but eventually you all make it back on the track. No one surges ahead of anyone else, so you take 3rd when you cross the approaching finish line.
After the race, everyone is breathing deeply. Quickly the masked guards come up and line everyone up again, facing the door back inside. Handcuffs are re-applied. The announcer says: "Thank you for doing your best. Assuming you did, anyway. The escorts here will now guide you to where you'll be staying tonight." The escorts led everyone inside in a neat, organized line. You go into the building, and are led through the confusing maze of halls to a single, metal door with a window. The front escort opens it, and the back one, gets everyone inside. This looks like a sort of changing room, with several changing stalls and clothes on shelves and on hangars. One escort grabs a laundry basket from the corner and places it in front of you. He says in a gruff voice: "You need to change into new clothes here. We recommend you dress comfortably, since you'll be in your rooms for a while. We were told that you had to put your old clothes in this basket. Shoes, underclothes - everything. And no, you can't take anything more than what you're wearing with you." All the clothes are black or dark shades of blue, so color doesn't matter. What shirt do you wear?
T-shirt
Long-sleeve shirt
Sleeveless shirt
Sweatshirt (No hood, T-shirt included)
What sort of pants?
Jeans
Shorts
Sweatpants
Gym shorts
Pajama pants
And what footwear?
Sandals (No socks)
Slippers (No socks)
Socks
Nothing
(DQA) You quickly get yourself changed, and everyone places their old clothes in the basket before your handcuffs are replaced.
The older girl is wearing a black long-sleeved T-shirt with dark blue pajama pants and sandals.
The boy is wearing a black T-shirt with similar-colored gym shorts and also has sandals.
The younger girl wears a navy blue T-shirt with dark blue pajama pants and black socks.
One of the men pushes the laundry basket back into the corner, then returns to his place behind your line. The man in front leads you out of the changing room and back into the maze-like hallways. The escort takes you around two corners before you see a row of several, dark-grey doors lined up in the walls. Each one has a small, rectangular window on it. The escort opens the first door, and takes the handcuffs off the older girl, shoving her inside and closing and locking the door quickly. You move down the hallway, and he does the same with the boy, then the younger girl, then finally you. The room you're now in isn't very big, but it's not tremendously small either. A small square window lets you see the darkness of the outside. Under this window is your bed, pushed up against the wall opposite to the door. The frame is a light grey metal, and the sheets, pillow, and blankets are white. To the right of that you have a toilet with a sink next to it, which aren't the most decorative things, but look like they work. On the left side, a small table holds a small lamp that's plugged into the only outlet in the room. The room is lighted by a cluster of four lightbulbs on the ceiling, with the switch near the door. The walls are light grey brick, the ceiling white-ish, and the floor is a slightly rough, pale blue carpet.
After getting familiar with the room you're staying in, you hear the guard's voice over a speaker that you find with a microphone, under the table with the lamp, also plugged in to the wall. "You'll be staying here for at least tonight." He says. "If you all turn your microphones on, you can talk to each other over the speakers. But we're keeping track of what you say, so don't try to share any escape plans." Then you hear what you think is his device deactivating. After a few moments pass, you pick up your microphone and flip it on. So do the others, and conversation follows. What do you do?
Ask lots of questions, become actively engaged in the conversation.
Listen to what the others say, throwing in questions and comments every here and there.
Sit back and just let the others talk, only talking yourself when you get asked a question.
(DQA) Regardless of your method, as time passes, you learn:
The oldest girl's name is Christina, but she prefers Chris. She is from a suburban area around Chicago. As you can tell from the race, she's very athletic, and she's 17 years old, a Senior in high school. She likes to talk, but doesn't overdo it.
The boy's name is Kevin. He's from a northern Californian city, but not one that he says you would know. He's involved in sports, has decent grades in school, and clearly loves talking about himself. He's 16.
The younger girl is Kayla. From her accent, you can tell she's from the UK, but doesn't say much during the conversation. She does mention that she's from a smaller suburban area, but doesn't say where. She's 15 years old.
After the while, everyone gives up on talking and you decide to get to sleep. ************************************************************* The next day, no one seems to be talking to anyone. Throughout the entire day, the only human interaction you get is when the two meals are passed into your room by a guard. You keep worrying about what might happen in your near future. ************************************************************** When you get up the morning after that, daylight shines through the window above your head. Soon after you shake off your drowsiness, a loud knock sounds on someone's door. Over the speaker, you hear a guard say, "You all better get up pretty quickly. We need to get you to the first actual trial. You have 30 seconds to be at your doors." You shake your head to get the sleep off, put on your shoes/socks (If you have them), and stand next to the door. Then men open the door, and one quickly handcuffs you behind the back, which you're already used to. They do that will the other 3, then line you up and lead you around like before.
Soon you come to a transparent door, and can see the lounge-like area inside. The escorts take you in there. In the center of the room are reddish couches set back-to-back, facing the left and right walls. In between them is a small section where plants are growing. The walls are made of brown wood, and the ceiling is a rough white with florescent lights under coverings. Four orange-red, comfortable-looking chairs are set in the corners, with end tables holding small potted plants. The carpeted floor is a dark reddish color. There is a door opposite to the one you came in from, wood painted black. The guards remove your handcuffs, and you hear over hidden speakers the announcer's voice: "This is you first challenge. Quite simple, really. We'll call you into this sound-proof room one by one, returning here once your finished. Inside the room, I will ask you 15 questions, and you will have yo give me a verbal answer. Now, first will be... [Your name]. Oh, and that room is constantly monitored and guarded, in case you were getting any ideas."
You stand up and approach the black door, which is where you assume you're supposed to go. You open up the door and go inside, closing it behind you. This is a small room with a red carpet floor. The walls are the same as the room you just left. In front of you, there's a small desk with a tablet-like screen and a microphone hanging above it. "Welcome." The announcer says. "How much more simple can you get than trivia? I'll ask you a question, you answer me with that microphone. If it's a math question, use that tablet to draw out your work, should you need it. Ready?" (P.S. Please avoid looking up/researching answers to the questions. It kinda ruins the point of the challenge. Also, no calculators.)
#1: "x + y = 15 , 3y - 2x = 33 ; What is the value of X?"
8
10
3
7
#2: "What does Newton's 3rd law of physics state?"
#3: "What kind of bomb did the Manhattan Project create?"
#4: "What is the largest animal ever to appear on Earth?"
Elephant
Argentinosaurus
Blue Whale
Shonisaurus
Kronosaurus
#5: "What important historical event started BEFORE the Reign of Terror?"
#6: "The entire color spectrum to humans is composed of only 3 base colors. The color spectrum to butterflies is composed of how many base colors?"
2
4
5
14
#7: "In Celsius, what are the freezing and boiling points of water?
#8 "((8 + 3) + x) - 12x = -22 ; x = "
#9: "What is sand composed of?"
Dirt
Salt
Topaz
Quartz
Limestone
Tiny microorganisms
#10: "What is the name of the man who was a well-known general and failed at Waterloo?"
#11: "Name the last two states to join the U.S."
#12: "Ivan the Terrible had a nickname that, when translated, meant 'Awesome'. True or False?"
True
False
#13: "What European country covers the most land? (Excluding Russia)"
#14: "What ancient people (Positioned around modern-day Mexico) believed that sacrificing people pleased their Gods?"
#15: "In Greek mythology, what was the nine-headed snake called?"
(DQA) After all the questions were answered, you hear them call in Kayla. You leave the room and join the others in the lounge. As time goes on, the last two take their tries. "Now you're all done. Wait here while we finish with the results." The announcer says over the speaker. After a few minutes, a well-dressed man wearing sunglasses comes in with a paper in his hand. "You four. We have the results now." Everyone moves over to see what they got. (To determine your score, here's the answer key. Please be honest with what you got wrong and what you got right.)
1. X=8
2. Anything close to "Any action has an equal and opposite reaction."
3. The atomic bomb
4. Blue Whale
5. The French Revolution
6. 5
7. Freezing= 0 ; Boiling = 100
8. X=3
9. Quartz
10. Napoleon
11. Alaska ; Hawaii
12. True
13. Ukraine
14. Mayans or Aztecs or Incas
15. Hydra
The scores are:
Christina - 10/15
Kevin - 7/15
Kayla - 14/15
You - ____/15
Now 2 more guards come into the room. They each handcuff one person. The man who presented the scores says, "You have free time. We'll take you to one of several destinations: Your room, outside, the indoor pool, the gym, or the race track. Now, your next trial will involve your swimming ability. If you're not a good swimmer, I recommend you go to the pool or the beach. We have swim clothes in the pool area, should you need them. But they must be returned." I'll divide your free time into 2 sections, where I'll ask you where you want to go. So... what is your first destination? After you choose, find the section that matches your destination.
My room
Outside
The pool
The gym
The Running Track
(Your Room) You take a moment to think, but ultimately you decide to return to your room. The guard leads you back into the labyrinth of hallways, until you've made it to you room. He opens the door and shoves you inside, closing it behind you. You flip on the lights and plop yourself on the bed. After sitting silently, you hear another one of the doors open and close. Kayla had the closest room to yours, so you assume it's her. What do you do?
Call Kayla up with the speakers to talk.
Think about what I'll have to do next challenge.
Consider my next destination.
Try to figure out a way to escape.
Sleep.
Try to sleep.
(Outside) Do you want to stop at the pool for a swim suit first?
Yes (Outside - 1)
No (Outside - 2)
(Outside - 1) You ask to go to the pool first. The guard leads you there, and finds the place amazingly quickly. You find the swim clothes in the corner of the area, grab the right size kind, and move to the area with changing stalls. The guard doesn't seem to follow you everywhere, so you assume there are cameras set all around the building. After you change, you go out and ask the guard to take you to the beach. Back into the hallway maze. The guard seems to know this place fairly well, and he finds the door to the outside. You go outside and are taken to the beach area. The weather is warm, but not summer-level. There are several clouds in the blue sky. You quickly spot Chris, who's lying on her back in the sand. Her sandals are off and her hair is now in a ponytail. The guard still watches her from a distance. Your guard un-cuffs you. What do you do now?
I'll take of my shoes and non-swimming clothes (If not already done) and rush off to the water.
I'll remove my shoes and non-swimming clothes (If not already done) and go to greet Christina.
I'll go to greet Christina and talk for a while before removing my non-swim clothes and getting in the water.
I'll get in the water after removing my non-swim clothes, then go talk to Chris later.
(Outside - 2) After a few moments of deciding, you ask to go outside, and the guard nods. It still amazes you how well he knows this labyrinth-like place. Soon enough, you are at the door to the outdoors. Once you get out there, you have 2 choices: go to the beach or go to a more forested area. Where to?
Beach (Outside - 1/2)
Forest (Outside - 2/2)
(Outside - 1/2) The guard removes your handcuffs, but you're still hesitant to try and make an escape. There are only a few clouds in the sky, and the temperature is like a warm Spring day. You move towards the beach, quickly spotting Chris, who's resting on the sand on her back. Her sandals have been removed and her hair is tied in a ponytail. You approach her area of the beach. What do you do?
I go to greet and talk to Chris.
Remove my shoes/socks and go to greet Christina.
Remove my shoes/socks and shirt and go to greet Christina.
I'll run and jump into the water fully clothed.
I'll remove my shoes/socks only and jump into the water.
I'll strip to my underclothes and jump into the water.
I change my mind and move to the forest. (Read 2/2)
(Outside - 2/2) The guard removes your handcuffs, but you're hesitant to escape. The weather out here is nice; only a few clouds are in the sky, and the temperature is like a warm spring day. You move in the direction of the forest, with the guard keeping an eye on you. After a short walk on a trail, you hear water falling. After a little longer, you see a clearing where there's a very small lake with a river waterfall-ing into and one out of it. The clearing is surrounding by wet-looking grass and a couple of muddy spots. What do you do?
I'll find a good spot to lay down by the lake to relax and think.
I'll remove my footwear and sit next to the lake with my feet in the water.
I'll remove my footwear and find a spot to lay down and think.
I'll remove my shirt and footwear and sit by the lake with my feet in the water.
I'll remove my shirt and footwear and find a nice spot to relax and think.
I'll change my mind and move to the beach. (Read 1/2)
(Pool) You ask to go to the pool after a few moments of figuring it out. The guard leads you from the maze of halls to the pool, where you can smell the chlorine coming out the door. You get let in, and the guard removes your handcuffs. You see two piles of swim clothes in the corner of the room - one for males and one for females. You move over there to find clothes that fit you. When you move to the changing stalls, you hear a door open and look to see Kevin, who had just walked in with his guard following him. After you and he change in the changing area, what do you do?
I jump into the water and mess around while talking to Kevin.
I sit by the edge of the pool and talk with Kevin.
I work on my swimming skills to make sure I'm ready for the next trial, talking to Kevin in-between.
I jump in the water and mess around to enjoy myself.
I sit by the edge of the pool and think about...
I work on my swimming skills to be ready for the trial tomorrow.
(Gym) You ask to go to the gym, and your escort nods. He leads you around the building (Which is in a path you still can't remember) and opens a black door, which has a room with a matted floor and a bunch of exercise equipment. No one you know is here, but there are 2 men who you assume are guards on break, chatting in the corner while lifting weights. You choose your exercise method and get to work.
(Track) You ask to go see the track, and the guard nods, leading you back into the hallways. After a short walk, a pair of double-doors opens and you see two tracks separated by some trees: One is a basic running track while the other is the one you had to use the night before. What do you do?
Run on the regular track.
Run on the obstacle track.
Run on the regular first, then switch later.
Run on the obstacle first, then switch later.
(DQA) After a while passes...
If you're in your room, you hear the door next to yours open again, then some talking, then the door shuts.
If you're on the beach, suddenly Chris sits up and starts replacing her shoes. "Hey," she says (Calling out if you're in the water) "I'm checking out the forest next, if you're interested."
If you're in the forest, you hear some people walking on the trail and look to see Chris, who has her hair in a ponytail now, followed by her guard.
If you're in the pool, you notice Kevin getting more serious with swimming. He's probably training for tomorrow.
If you're in the gym, nothing too interesting happens.
If you're on the track, nothing too interesting happens.
---Where will you go now?---
I'll stay where I am. (Select "Stay - [Your Location]")
My room.
Outside.
The pool.
The gym.
The track.
I'll take Chris's offer and follow her. (Only if you were at the beach)
(Stay - Your room) You hear who you think is Kayla walking off, but you remain in your room. What do you do now?
Try to sleep.
Figure out a way to escape.
Try to figure out where we could've gone.
Think about the next challenge.
Just think about things in general.
(Stay - Beach) You deny Chris's offer as she gets up and walks off, followed by her guard. What do you do now?
I'll lay on my back and relax like Chris did.
I'll replace all my clothes and lay back to relax on the sand.
I'll replace everything except footwear and relax to think on the sand.
I'll replace my footwear and relax to think on the sand.
I'll strip to my underclothes/swim clothes and lay down on the sand.
I'll strip to my underclothes/swim clothes and jump in the water to practice for tomorrow.
I'll strip to my underclothes/swim clothes and jump in the water just to enjoy myself.
I'll get in the water fully clothed.
I'll get in the water after removing only my footwear.
(Stay - Forest) You look up at Chris, and she looks down at you for a moment, before she moves observes the scene around the lake. "Cool little place." She says to herself. Then she looks at wherever you're sitting. Christina plops herself by the water with her back to the tree. After sitting there in silence, she seems to be thinking about something. What do you do?
Re-position myself so that I'm sitting across from her, and start a conversation.
Start a conversation with her.
I'll re-position myself to get more comfortable.
I'll stay where I am and relax.
I'll stay where I am and think about stuff.
(Stay - Pool) You and Kevin stay in the pool, working on whatever you were doing before. The door opens, and you both look up to see Kayla walk in, followed by her guard. She's un-cuffed, and then she looks around the room before spotting the pile of clothes. She repeats the same process that you and Kevin did, coming out of the changing stalls in a 1-piece swimsuit. She gets in the water with you and Kevin. What do you do?
Keep doing what I was doing before.
Work harder on my swimming practice.
Mess around in the pool for fun.
Try to get Kayla into a conversation.
(Stay - Gym) The two men in the corner get a call on a walkie-talkie, and then they replace the weights on the shelves and rush out into the hallway. You wonder why they're in such a rush, but there's no way you can find out. You keep working in the Gym.
(Stay - Track) You keep running on the track, and you're starting to get more exhausted. Do you switch tracks?
I'm running on the regular track now.
I'm running on the obstacle track now.
I don't switch.
I'll rotate between tracks occasionally.
(Your Room) After finishing up what you were doing, you change back into your normal clothes (If necessary) and ask the guard to go back to your room. He nods, and takes you back into the hallways. After a quick walk, you come to the hallway with the doors lining it. The guard comes to your door, opens it, and shoves you inside after removing your handcuffs. Now you're alone in your room. What do you do?
Try to sleep.
Figure out how I'm gonna get out of here.
Think about tomorrow's trial.
Wonder how the others are doing.
Think about what the people back home are thinking now.
(Outside) Before going outside, will you ask to grab a swimsuit first?
Yes (Outside - 1)
No (Outside - 1)
(Outside - 1) After you go to the pool to get your swimsuit (If you grabbed one), you ask the guard to go outside. He grunts and nods, opening the door after handcuffing you again. He takes you through the hallways which you can't remember anything about, eventually making it to a glass door that goes outside. It's nice weather outside, like a warm Spring day. There are only a few clouds in the sky. When you come outside, you have a choice - go down to the beach, or follow a forest trail. You hear some peoples' footsteps on the trail, faint, but audible. Where do you go?
I'll go to the beach. (Outside - 1/2)
I'll take the forest trail. (Outside - 2/2)
(Outside - 1/2) You move in the direction of the beach. The grass underfoot quickly becomes sand. The waves are making relaxing sounds as they splash against the shore. Your guard removes your handcuffs and steps away, but still keeping a sharp eye on you. What do you do?
I'll lay down on the sand and try to relax and gather my thoughts.
I'll take off my shoes/socks and lay down to relax.
I'll remove my shoes/socks and shirt and lay down to relax.
I'll strip down to my swim clothes and lay down to relax.
I'll strip to my swim clothes, and jump into the water to practice swimming.
I'll strip to my swim clothes, and get in the water to enjoy myself.
I'll remove my shoes/socks and shirt and get in the water.
I'll remove my footwear only and get in the water.
(Outside - 2/2) You move towards the trail, and the guard un-cuffs you, but keeps a good eye on you. You hike slowly up the trail, and you start to hear water flowing. You keep going and spot a very small lake with a short waterfall dropping into it. The lake in the forest is surrounded by wet grass and a couple small mud spots. You notice Chris sitting by the lake with her back to a tree, and she looks like she's in deep thought. What do you do?
I'll position myself across from Chris and talk to her.
I'll find a comfortable spot and talk to Christina.
I'll strip to my swim clothes and find a comfortable spot and talk to Christina.
I'll take off my shoes/socks and sit with my feet in the water.
I'll remove my shoes/socks and sit by the water and talk with Chris.
(Pool) You ask the guard to go to the pool. He re-applies your handcuffs and leads you into the hallways, knowing the labyrinth like the back of his hand. He opens a large, black door into the pool area, where you see Kayla and Kevin working on their swimming. Kevin greets you immediately. You notice a pile of swim clothes in one corner and see the changing stalls in another. Grabbing a size that fits you, you change into your swim clothes and get in the water. Now what?
I play around in the pool while talking with Kevin and maybe Kayla.
I work on my swimming skills to get ready for tomorrow.
I work on my swimming skills while conversing inbetween.
(Gym) After get re-dressed (If necessary) you ask your escort to go to the gym. He opens the door and handcuffs you like before, leading into and around the hallways. Soon enough, he opens the door to the weights room. There's lots of grey and black exercise equipment here, along with weights in one corner. You get to work as soon as your cuffs are removed.
(Track) After getting ready to go, you ask the escort to see the track. He takes you out of the room and into the maze of hallways, finding a door that leads outside. He opens it, and the weather is actually pretty nice. You have 2 tracks: a normal one and the one that was used for the first night. Which one do you choose?
Regular track
Obstacle track
I'll switch every once in a while.
(Take Chris's offer) You get up and follow Chris, and the guards are right behind you, but don't re-apply the handcuffs. You are still unsure if you should try and escape. You and Christina walk up to the forest trail, then following it. You start to hear water falling, and then you spot a small lake. It's small enough that you could easily run a lap or two around it. The grass surrounding the lake is wet and there are a couple muddy spots. A stream drops into a waterfall next to the lake. You both spend a moment taking in the scene. Then what do you do?
I'll sit down somewhere comfortable and start talking to Chris. (Accept Offer - 1)
I'll sit down somewhere comfortable and remove my footwear, then talk to Chris. (Accept Offer - 1)
I'll sit down somewhere comfortable. After a little while, I'll remove my shirt and shoes. I'll also talk to Christina. (Accept Offer - 3)
I'll sit down somewhere and think to myself. (Accept Offer - 2)
I'll sit down somewhere comfortable and remove my shoes, thinking to myself.
I'll remove my shirt and footwear and find a comfortable spot, thinking to myself. (Accept Offer - 3)
I'll take off my shoes and dangle my feet in the water, inviting Chris to join me. (Accept Offer - 4)
I'll remove my footwear and put my feet in the water, thinking to myself.
(Accept Offer - 1) Chris sits down with her back to a tree, and you both start talking about whatever subject comes up. Chris seems to get lost in thought a lot, though.
(Accept Offer - 2) You sit down near a soft plot of land next to a tree, and Christina picks a similar location. A lot of time does go by, but you both are lost in thought.
(Accept Offer - 3) You find a nice place by the lake to plop yourself on. You pull off your shirt before sitting back to relax a bit. After some time, you pull your shoes off as well. You and Chris start talking.
(Accept Offer - 4) You look at the water, then hike down to the water's edge. You plop yourself down, and remove your shoes, then placing your bare feet in the water. You look up at slightly disgusted Chris, and say, "Actually, the water's okay, you know." Chris replies, "Maybe, but I'd rather stay up here." You shrug and you both start talking.
Lots of time goes by, and eventually your escort says you have to go back now. (If you can see outside, the sun is starting to go down.) You and anyone around you get re-dressed (If necessary) and the guard handcuffs you, leading you into the hallway. He says, "We're moving all of you to different rooms. This time you'll have a bathroom. When you get to your room, there will be swim clothes ready in a drawer. Tomorrow morning you need to change before we take you to the challenge. Understand? But first, you're getting a clothe change again." You are led to the same changing room as before, though this time there are more choices. You come in as the others are re-dressing.
Now, what kind of shirt will you wear?
T-shirt
Long-Sleeved T-shirt
Sweatshirt (No hood, T-shirt included)
Undershirt
Sleeveless shirt
What pants?
Jeans
Shorts
Sweatpants
Gym Shorts
Pajama pants
Long Skirt
Yoga Pants
What footwear?
Gym Shoes
Sandals (No socks)
Slippers (No socks)
Flip-flops (Do I need to say it?)
Socks only
Nothing
(DQA) You come out after changing.
Christina is wearing a dark blue long-sleeved T-shirt, grey jeans, and gym shoes.
Kevin is wearing a black T-shirt, dark blue gym shorts, and gym shoes.
Kayla has on a midnight blue sweatshirt with black sweatpants and, once again, gym shoes.
The escorts re-handcuff you all and take you out into the hallways. They lead you all around until you come to a hall similar to the one with your first rooms, but these doors are farther apart. They go down the line, shoving you in your rooms in the same order as last time. Like before, your handcuffs are removed, but the door is shut and locked before you can do anything.
This new room is bigger than the other, about the size of a regular, decent bedroom. There is a bed pushed up against the back-left wall with an end table with a small drawer. On top of the table is a black lamp. There is a desk in the opposite corner with a wooden chair, though you're not sure what purpose that has. There's a window on the wall, opposite the door, made of reinforced glass that lets you see the last bit of sunlight fade from the sky. You have your own bathroom now, including a shower. There's no door to there, but why would you need one? Except the cameras, the room is completely private. What do you do now?
Take a shower.
Think about my escape.
Find the microphone-speaker device that lets me talk to everyone else.
Sleep.
Time passes. The sun is gone from the sky. Kayla, despite not talking much anyway, is now off the speakers and is trying to sleep. What do you do?
Keep showering.
Keep trying to escape.
Keep using the micro-speaker-thing to chat.
I'm still sleeping.
Take a shower.
Try to figure out how to escape.
Find the thing that lets me talk to the others.
Try to sleep.
More time passes. Chris and Kevin go to sleep. Soon, you have to do the same.
You wake up to an alarm that sounds over the speaker system over the rooms. You hear the guards talk over it. "Seven minutes until the trial! Get your clothes ready and come out when we tell you!" You get up and shake off the sleep, looking at the clock that you now notice is above the door. It's roughly 9:45 right now. You get up and open the small drawer by the desk and chair. You quickly move through the pile until you find a swimsuit that's your size, and you begin undressing. You put on the swim clothes, and get a few minutes to cool off before you hear "It's time!" from the guards. Leaving your normal clothes on the bed, you get up and go over to the door. It opens, and the guards handcuff you. They open up and restrain the doors for everyone else, and you are led through the halls again.
After a while you are led through a pair of double-doors. This room is very large with a long pool with diving boards and five lanes. It looks like a normal, large pool until you notice that huge, above-water holes in the wall are at the end of each lane. The stands are a white metal, contrasting the black and grey room. Only the tile on the floor wasn't too dark. The announcer stands up and gets off the stands. "Welcome to trial number 2." He says. "As you already know, we'll be testing your swimming ability in this one. Here's how it works: Each of you will stand on a diving board for a different lane - the middle one being empty. When you hear the whistle, dive into the water and go. Now, you'll notice that there a huge holes with water in them. Those are passages. From here, you'll go into one huge tube that runs underground. You swim through the entire course once, and when you're finished, you'll come to the surface inside a small pond. We have signs to lead you back to the building, where we'll have men ready to take you to the changing room. Also, we have cameras stationed throughout the entire course. If anyone looks ready to drown, we have ways to make sure that doesn't happen. Now, take your places..."
Everyone has their cuffs removed and moves to a diving board. You take the center-right one, with Kayla on your right, Kevin on the far left, and Christina to your left. The announcer sits on the stands and opens his laptop, which was sitting on the bench. He types in a few things and says, "Now, ready?" How good of a swimmer are you? Select that and a number; the number randomizes what happens.
Good - 1 (C1)
Good - 2 (C2)
Decent - 1 (C3)
Decent - 2 (C4)
Not so great - 1 (C5)
(C1) The whistle sounds, and everyone dives. Once you hit the water, you are practically a swimming machine. You are very quickly a the end of the pool, entering the circular passageway. When you look to the side, only Kevin rivals you in speed. The short circular passage leads you to a large, round pipe with lights on the top and bottoms. You start to slow down before you lose endurance, but Kevin keeps going. The pipe-like tunnel moves left and right constantly, forcing you to turn. One turn, there's a long pipeline with bars in the way. Carefully you steer away. Kevin is just barely ahead of you, with Chris close behind and Kayla close behind her. Another turn, and you have to dive underwater and swim for a short distance, which you admit isn't easy. After a little while longer, it's obvious everyone is out of energy. You push as much as you can to get to the upward-turning pipe before Kevin does. You both clear it almost at the same time, with Kevin just barely ahead. A ring around the pipe lights up when Kevin crosses hits it. You both kick your way up and gasp for breath once your heads break the surface. Then you go and swim to the shore of the pond, stepping up the short hill to meet the trail. Sure enough, there's a sign that points you to the building.
(C1 Continued) You pause before going. There are no guards around here anywhere. This is a chance to escape. You consider the possibility. You could take off to escape, but they undoubtedly have a camera focused on this area, so you'd only get a head start. On top of that, you'd be running half-dressed through a forest. But escape is a possibility. Kevin gets up and looks around, probably also noticing no guards. He probably goes through the same thought process you did. What do you do?
Take off running on my own. (D1)
Ask Kevin about escaping. (D2)
Just go back to the building. It's not worth it. (D4)
(C2) The whistle sounds, and everyone dives. You start swimming immediately. Quickly you reach the end of the pool and slip through the narrow tube at the end. When you look sideways, you notice Kevin is a very good swimmer, slightly ahead of you. Christina is only slightly behind. The next part is a long, wide tube that looks like a giant water pipe. Lights on the top and bottom allow you to see. Everyone keeps going, and the pipe curves, forcing you to turn. It does this a lot, making swimming uncomfortable, until you come to a long portion with vertical bars. Your body getting weary, you carefully maneuver around the bars and take the next turn, which forces you do dive and swim underwater. You come up, and Kevin is practically right beside you. The other 2 aren't far off. You and Kevin compete to reach the last portion of the tube, which points up. You surge ahead at the last second, claiming first place. You and Kevin kick up until your heads come into open air, allowing you to finally breathe. Chris comes up soon, too. And Kayla is almost to the up-pointing tube. You step onto shore, and there's the trail with a sign.
(C2 Continued) But before walking off, you pause and look around. Kevin was already doing the same. There are no guards here. There are undoubtedly cameras, but no guards. You could escape. Then again, guards would be looking for you, AND you'd be running half-dressed in a forest, but escape is a real possibility. What do you do?
Take off on my own. (D1)
Talk to Kevin about escaping. (D2)
Dismiss the thought. Chances aren't good. (D4)
(C3) You hear the whistle, and everyone dives. As quickly as you can, you start doing strokes. To move quickly from one side of the pool over to the other - and enter thin tubes, looking to the side as you do so. Kevin is by far the best keeping a good lead, while Christina is about as good as you. The next part is comparable to a giant pipe half-filled with water. Lights on the top and bottom allow you to see. You keep swimming as you go, turning when the pipe does. Kayla begins to catch up with everyone else, and Christina gains on Kevin. You get weary over time, and that's when you see the vertical obstacles in the water. You maneuver around them, then dive and swim underwater to the next area - the above-water portion was closed off. You race for the final tube pointing upward, and Kevin wins by a landslide, with you coming in soon after Chris, in 3rd. Your head pops above water, giving you much needed breath.
(C3 Continued) As the announcer said, outside of the pond there's a sign with a trail. But you notice one other thing - there are no guards. Undoubtedly a camera is somewhere, but there are no guards. This is an opportunity to try and escape. (Then again, guards would be chasing sometime and you'd be in the forest half-dessed. But escape is possible.) Kevin seems to notice it too, and Chris seems to think something doesn't feel right. Kayla now gets out of the water, and Chris starts following the trail. What do you do?
Escape on my own. (D1)
Talk to Kevin about running off. (D2)
Talk to Kayla about escaping. (D3)
Forget it. There's no way I can get away. (D4)
(C4) You hear the whistle, and everyone dives in. As quickly as you can, you start doing strokes. To move quickly from one side of the pool over to the other - and enter thin tubes, looking to the side as you do so. Kevin is ahead and keeping a good lead, while Christina is about as good as you. The next part is comparable to a giant pipe half-filled with water. Lights on the top and bottom allow you to see. You keep swimming as you go, turning when the pipe does. Kayla begins to catch up with everyone else, and Christina gains on Kevin, passing you up. You get weary over time, and that's when you see the vertical bars in the water. You maneuver around them, then dive and swim underwater to the next area - the above-water portion was closed off. You race for the final tube pointing upward, and Kevin wins in 1st, with Christina just barely behind you. You're in 2nd. Your head appears above water, giving you much needed oxygen.
(C4 Continued) You step out of the water and look up. There's a sign pointing down a trail, just as the announcer said. But you pause and look around. No guards. Kevin and Christina seem suspicious too, and so does Kayla once she gets up on shore. But Chris shakes her head and moves on. You realize there's an escape opportunity. There's likely a camera here, so guards would be tracking you, and you'd be half-dressed, but you could escape. What do you do?
Run off on my own. (D1)
Whisper to Kevin about running off. (D2)
Whisper to Kayla, mentioning escape. (D3)
Dismiss the thought. It's too unlikely. (D4)
(C5) The whistle sounds, and everyone immediately dives into the water. It takes you a moment to get used to it, but you're soon stroking your way to the tubes. Looking to the side, you're barely ahead of Kayla, with Kevin in 1st and Christina between you and him. You slip into the tube, and the most interesting-looking swim course appears. It's comparable to a giant pipe with lights on the top and bottom, half-filled with water and barely wide enough for everyone to swim side-to-side with each other. You push to go faster, turning as frequently as the pipe does. Eventually, you reach a long portion with vertical iron bars. Everyone tries to maneuver around them, and you gradually fall into last place. Next you have to dive into a water-filled pipe area and swim underwater, which you do. When the up-turning pipe is in view, you push for it, trying to get ahead of Kayla. But she pushes ahead at the last second, landing you in 4th. When your head comes above water, you can finally breathe. Christina has already started down the trail the announcer talked about, and Kevin is looking around for a bit before he goes.
(C5 Continued) You get out of the water after Kayla, and you suddenly realize something: there are no guards around here. You can make a run for it and escape. Then again, they'd see you through a hidden camera somewhere, but at least you'd have a decent head start. What will you do?
Dash off and try to escape alone. (D1)
Whisper to Kayla my idea of escape. (D3)
Abandon the idea; it wouldn't work. (D4)
(D1) You look to make sure the others aren't watching, and then dash off into the forest. You still have a minor metal debate on whether or not this is a good idea, but you decide to take your chances. .................................................................................................................................................................................. The guards responded to your escape quicker than you thought. You are now fleeing your your life, with angry voices behind you. The swim left you weary, and you feel so badly like you want to collapse and let yourself be taken. But you have to keep going. You force your body to go faster, noticing a lack of trees ahead. Next thing you know, you charge for the clearing, but have to stop in your tracks. You barely avoided plummeting down a steep, rocky cliff that drops into the ocean. You want to take off in a different direction, but the guards catch up to you first. With no escape, you raise your hands in surrender.
(D1 Continued) (DQA) You sit alone at a wooden table, leg-ironed to the chair you sit in and handcuffed. You're wearing simple clothes now, lacking footwear. You're in an office with a polished wooden floor and walls covered with blueprint drawings, dresser drawers, and paintings. The only light is from a window behind an important-looking man, sitting at a cleaned-off desk. "So," he says, "You thought that you could escape? Not only that, you tried escaping alone?" You do see the flaw in your plan. "I thought we tried to make is clear - escape will not happen. It's not possible. Though I guess you'll just have to learn the hard way. Guards, you know what to do." two guards behind you release you from the leg irons and take you out into the hallway, leading you around until one opens the door to the changing room. The other hands you some clothes. "We were told to give you these. You have to wear them as long as you're here." The cuffs are taken from your wrists, and you quickly change in the stalls.
If you're male, you get what looks to be the pants of a dark grey prison jumpsuit, cut off at the knees, and a new pair of underwear. You undress and put on the clothes. You must remain barefoot and shirtless for the rest of your time here.
If you're female, you get the top and bottom parts of a 2-piece dark grey prison jumpsuit. There are no sleeves on the top, and it's cut off a little too high, slightly exposing your belly. If your hair is let down, it has to be in a ponytail now. There were no shoes distributed to you; you must remain barefoot for the rest of your time here.
(D2) "Hey." You whisper to Kevin to get his attention. "You notice something?" "Yeah," he replies, "No guards." You both pause, obviously sharing the same idea. "We can escape." "Yeah." "Let's go." "After you." You both take off running into the forest, with ideas of freedom in your minds. ....................................................................................................................................................................... You and Kevin run as quickly as possible, away from the voices of shouting guards behind you. After the swim race, neither of you were ready to make a run like this, and your energy saps quickly. "C'mon!" Kevin urges. "We can't be caught!" The voices get louder, and soon you notice a clearing without trees. You sprint for it, and then come to a sudden stop. There weren't any trees because there was a rocky cliff, and one more step would have landed you in the harsh waters below. Kevin comes up right next to you. Surveying the scene. You are probably on an island. There's no where to run. The guards catch up quickly, and you both have no choice but to turn and raise your hands in surrender.
(D2 Continued) (DQA) You sit in the office with a polished wooden floor. A very important-looking man dressed similarly to everyone else sits behind a desk with a computer and file folders stacked up. You and Kevin are in wooden chairs, bound to them and to each other with leg-irons, and are handcuffed behind your backs. You're both wearing simple clothes now, with flip-flops on your feet. (You keep the swim trunks if you're a boy) "So," the man behind the desk says, "You thought you could get away that easily. I thought we made it clear escape was not possible." You instinctively look down. "Well, you're not getting off this without consequences. Guards, you know what to do. Take them away." The guards take the leg-irons off the chairs and lead you and Kevin out of the room. They lead you through the hallways until you're in the changing room. One of the guards hands each of you some clothes. "We were told you have to wear these now. Change, and make it quick." You are released from your restraints and go into the stalls to change.
If you're male, you get what looks to be the pants of a dark grey prison jumpsuit, cut off at the knees, and a new pair of underwear. You undress and put on the clothes. You must remain barefoot and shirtless for the rest of your time here.
If you're female, you get the top and bottom parts of a 2-piece dark grey prison jumpsuit. There are no sleeves on the top, and it's cut off a little too high, slightly exposing your belly. If your hair is let down, it has to be in a ponytail now. There were no shoes distributed to you; you must remain barefoot for the rest of your time here.
(D3) "Hey" You get up quickly and put your hand on Kayla's shoulder to get her attention. "What?" She says in a half-whisper. You whisper that you haven't seen an guards here. "This is a chance to escape. Wanna come?" You say. Kayla looks around at the forest, then looks down at her attire, then yours. "You want us to escape like this?" You shrug. "When's the next time we'll get the opportunity?" Kayla considers the offer, then nods. "Let's go." .............................................................................................................................................. You both are sprinting through the forest. The guards are fast; you can hear their voices in the distance. It didn't take long to start that call. "Hey, wait." Kayla suddenly stops, and you have no choice but to do the same. "There's no way we can outrun them after that swim. We have to hide." You nod, and you both move quickly while trying to find a place to hide. "Hey!" You half-whisper. The guards are getting closer. "Look at this!" Kayla comes over to see the tree you're pointing out. There's a big gnash in the bottom which she could probably fit in. "Over there," Kayla starts, pointing at a fallen log. "You can go there, it'll probably be more comfortable. I'll hide here." You rush off to the tree and roll under it. You grab some sitcks and leaves off the ground and try to cover up the way you came in; there's a rock blocking the other side. You try to ignore the things poking your skin while you watch silently. The guards run up to the small area that you and Kayla are hiding in. They stop. One says "They're somewhere around here. I can tell." Then they start searching. Your breath is stuck in your lungs. Suddenly, one says "Ah-hah!" And there's a short squeal as Kayla is lifted from her hiding place. "Now, the other one..." It's just a matter of time until someone moves the log. And sure enough, a guard pushes it over, revealing you in your hiding spot.
(D3 Continued) (DQA) You and Kayla stand in front of an important-looking man who's dressed very nicely. You're both handcuffed behind your backs and leg-irons bind your ankles, connecting them with the other person's with a chain. You both sit in wooden chairs in a room with wood-covered walls, fancy paintings, and file cabinets and drawers on the walls. Each of you are fully clothed now, in simple clothes and socks (Except you keep the swim trunks if you're a boy). The masked man at the neatly-organized wooden desk speaks. "So, you thought you could get away, hm? I thought we pressed it enough that escape was impossible" You instinctively look down at your feet, and Kayla does the same. "Now, I guess some people just have to learn the hard way. You'll have certain rights taken from you, as long as you're here. Now, get them out of here." Your guards get you out of your seat and take you out of the room. Kayla is forced to follow. You're moved through the hallways until you come to the changing room again, where your restraints are removed. The guards hand you both clothes. One says, "You'll have to keep these for the rest of the time here, and you can only wear these. Now change." You and Kayla go into stalls and start changing into the clothes.
If you're male, you get what looks to be the pants of a dark grey prison jumpsuit, cut off at the knees, and a new pair of underwear. You undress and put on the clothes. You must remain barefoot and shirtless for the rest of your time here.
If you're female, you get the top and bottom parts of a 2-piece dark grey prison jumpsuit. There are no sleeves on the top, and it's cut off a little too high, slightly exposing your belly. If your hair is let down, it has to be in a ponytail now. There were no shoes distributed to you; you must remain barefoot for the rest of your time here.
(D4) You all follow the signs and the slightly muddy trail, leaving behind your footprints. Hiking through a forest in just swim clothes feels weird. Feeling the breeze on your body and feeling the trail underfoot. Eventually, you all make it to the building, where the guards give you towels which you guys wrap around themselves. Then they handcuff you, of course. They lead you through the hallways until you've reached the pool again. The announcer tells you the placements, and you are returned to your rooms to change into your regular clothes.
The guards say over the speakers that you won't get time like you did before; this time you only have 45 minutes to go to your place of choosing, then they have something else planned. You can only have one destination now, and your options have slightly changed. On top of that, there's another room change. (Also, you can tell it's now lightly raining outside.) Where will you go? (Find the part that matches your destination, again.
Stay in my room
Outside - Beach
Outside - Forest
The Gym
Gymnastics Area
(I chose to escape)
(I chose to escape with Kevin)
(I chose to escape with Kayla)
(Stay in Room) You don't make any requests, as you hear the others talking and the doors opening and closing. You stay in your quiet room, sitting on your bed, away from anyone else. What do you do while here?
Think about if I made the right choice not to run away earlier.
Figure out a new approach to escaping.
Talk on the speaker to see if anyone stayed behind.
Try to figure out the next trial.
Try to sleep.
(Outside - Beach) The guard opens the door and handcuffs you behind your back. He takes you out, leads you around the hallways, until he comes to a glass door. Outside it's raining lightly, and clouds cover the now-grey sky. But you chose the beach anyway, so the guard takes you out the door and leads you there. You start to see the coastline with now darkened sand, and the tide is higher, but still makes the same relaxing sounds. Once your cuffs are off, what do you do?
Find a place to lay down on the sand to relax and think.
Take my shoes/socks off, then find a place to lay down.
Remove my footwear and shirt before finding a comfortable place.
Strip to my swim clothes and find a comfortable place.
Get into the water fully clothed.
Remove my shoes/socks and shirt and get in the water.
Strip to my swim clothes and get in the water.
Remove my shoes/socks and roll my pants up (If necessary) and wade in the surf, thinking meanwhile.
(Outside - Forest) Despite the rain, you ask to go to the forest. The guard unlocks your door and handcuffs you behind the back. He then leads you back through the confusing hallways until you come to the familiar glass door which you came in through after the last trial. He opens it and lets you through, with the beach on the left and the forest on the right. The guard takes off your cuffs, but still leads you up the trail. The trees to an okay job of blocking the rain out. When you start to hear water fall, you come to a very small lake, which you are already familiar with. (Either because you came here before or you crossed by it on your way back from swimming) On the other side of the small clearing, Chris is lying down with her back against a tree. Her dark hair is let down now, and her clothes are getting wet. Her shoes are sitting beside her with her socks stuffed into them. Christina looks like she's dozing off and doesn't seem to notice you. What do you do?
I find a comfortable spot by the lake to lay/sit down and think.
I find a good spot by the lake to lay/sit down and think, removing my footwear afterwards.
I find a good spot by the lake to lay/sit down, then removing my shirt and footwear.
I strip to my swim clothes and then find a good place to relax and think.
I remove my shoes/socks and roll up my pants (If necessary), then I sit by the lake with my feet in the water.
I find a nice place by Chris to sit down and talk with her.
I find a good place near Chris to sit down and talk with her, removing my footwear.
I remove my shirt and footwear after finding a good place to sit and talk with Chris.
I sit near Christina, with my bare feet dangling in the lake, and talk to her.
(Gym) You request to visit the gym. The guard opens the door, and (unsurprisingly) handcuffs you. He leads you from your room around the building until opening up a pair of black double-doors. This area has black matted floors and white-ish walls and ceiling. Lots of exercise equipment fills the room, and you notice Kevin trying out weights in one corner. What do you do?
Find a machine and get to work.
I go over by Kevin and join him with the weights.
I go over by Kevin and join him with the weights, talking as we lift.
I find a machine by Kevin and work it while talking to him.
(Gymnastics Area) You ask to see the gymnastics area, and the guard opens your door. He handcuffs you, then takes you through the hallways, a process you're used to by now. Eventually, he opens up a pair of black double-doors to reveal the very large gymnastics room. This place is arranged kind of like an obstacle course, now that you think about it. Each colorful item seems to be unique. There are individual things set up, though, including a rock wall. What do you do?
I take off my shoes and try out one of the gymnastic equipment items.
I fasten a harness you myself and try out the rock wall.
I remove my footwear and try the "course" that's set up.
(If you chose to escape) The guard behind you takes off your handcuffs and pushes you; you fall into the 6 1/2-foot deep ditch below you. Rain falls lightly from the sky, which is now covered by grey clouds. You're in the forest, in a small clearing far from the trail. The guard tosses in a shovel. "We need this ditch to be longer and deeper." He says. "It's for a planned challenge, in case you were wondering. Now get to work, or your situation will get worse. You stand up and pick up the shovel. The soil, softened by rain, feels soft and squishy, making it easier to dig into with your shovel. You are soon tired, but you have to keep working for fear of what else could happen.
(If you chose to escape with Kevin) The two guards now push you both into the ditch dug in a small open area of the forest. The ditch is 6 1/2 feet deep, and the dirt is softened by the rain which falls from the cloud-covered sky. The guards toss shovels into the ditch, and you and Kevin pick them up. "We need this deeper and longer for a planned challenge." One says. "Get to work, or things will get worse for you." Still weary from running, you and Kevin start digging anyway, fearing what else they might try should you resist.
(If you chose to escape with Kayla) A guard pushes Kayla into the 6 1/2-foot deep ditch. She lands on her side and struggles to her feet as your are shoved in as well. You're in a small clearing in the forest. Rain falls from the grey sky, making the dirt around you soft and somewhat muddy. The guards toss in two shovels, one says, "We need you to make this ditch longer and deeper. It's for a challenge, in case you're wondering. Now get to work, or things will get worse for you." You require all your last strength to keep moving that shovel, and Kayla has the same problem.
(DQA) Depending on where you are, the following happens:
(Your Room) The guard knocks heavily at your door, disrupting your sleep or thought process. "You need to go, now!" He says through the speakers. "Get ready quickly!" You quickly prepare yourself and then knock at the door to show your readiness.
(Beach) The guard calls out to you, saying, "Hey! We need to go. Time's up!" You quickly get re-dressed (If you removed anything) and go up to him, getting handcuffed when you make it.
(Forest) Something sounds over the walkie-talkies the guards have. One of them says, "Hey, you two! Times up! We're going now!" Either your conversation stops or Chris snaps awake. She doesn't bother with the socks, slipping her wet shoes over her bare feet. You get ready and walk up to the guards.
(Gym) "HEY!" One of the guards shouts over the sound of your gym equipment. "Time's up! We're going, now!" You set down the weights or get off the machine and go up to be handcuffed, Kevin following.
(Gymnastics Area) The guard calls out, telling you you have to go. You get down from where you area as quickly as possible and come up to him, putting your shoes back on if you removed them.
(You tried Escaping) "Alright, you're done." Your guard says. "Get out of there, I need to take you to your room." You toss the shovel aside and climb up the edge of the ditch, slipping several times. The guard grabs you and handcuffs you.
(You tried Escaping with Kevin) "Alright, you're done." One guard says. "Get out of there, I need to take you to your rooms." You and Kevin toss your shovels aside and scurry up the side of the ditch. At the top, you're both handcuffed.
(You tried Escaping with Kayla) "Times up, you're done." One guard says. "Get out of there, I need to take you to your rooms." You and Kayla toss your shovels aside and climb up the side of the ditch, being handcuffed at the top.
(IF you DIDN'T attempt escape) You're taken from your location. If you're inside, the guard takes you around the hallways until you come to a glass door. He opens it and you're forced through. The sky is grey and cloud-covered, and rain is coming down. From there, (And if you're already outside) you're taken into the forest, off the trail. You follow the guard until you're at a small clearing, where there's a ditch, roughly 7 feet deep, 6 feet wide and 20 feet long. Kayla, Kevin, and Chris are all there too. One guard picks a pair of shovels off the ground and says, "Alright, fun's over. We're putting you to work. Two of you are going to be making this longer, while the other two are going to put plywood panels on the sides. Hmmm..." He points to you and Chris. "You two will be digging." The guards behind you push you both in, and the two shovels are tossed in. You get to work, shoveling the dirt out of the ditch while Kevin and Kayla apply wood boards to the sides. The rain makes the dirt soft and muddy, relatively easier to move. Every 25 minutes, you get a 5-minute break time, then jobs are switched. After a couple hours of this, the sky starts getting darker. The guards cuff you all up again, then lead you back to the building.
(If you tried to escape) You went from an okay to pretty good bedroom, to the equivalent of a prison cell. Your small room has a single metal door with a small, barred window in it. Another small, force-resistant glass window lets you sort of see outside, if it weren't for the trees. The air is cold; you have a toilet an sink built into the place in one corner, a spring mattress with a thin white blanket in the other. The only other furnishing is a wooden bench. The floor is cold concrete, and the walls are cinderblock. The room is illuminated by a single lightbulb on the ceiling. Your hands and feet are dirty from working so long in the ditch, and you already feel the need for a shower. But since that's no longer an option you lay in your bed, trying to figure out a way out of THIS one. (SKIP to the next passage that says "If you tried to escape")
(If you tried to escape with Kevin) Your new rooms seem more like prison cells. There's a single metal door with a small, barred window. On the opposite wall, an equally small window made of force-resistant glass lets you kind of see outside. The floor and ceiling are concrete; the walls cinderblock. You have a metal sink and toilet in one corner, and a spring mattress in other, pushed against the wall that's outside. There's also a wooden bench with no real purpose. A long rectangular window by your bed lets you see into Kevin's room, which is near-identical to yours. Kevin's hands and feet are just as dirty as yours from working. With nothing really to do, you try to sleep, hoping you'll wake up to find this is just a bad dream. (SKIP to the next passage that says "If you tried to escape with Kevin")
(If you tried to escape with Kayla ) You went from decent rooms to basically prison cells. In your room, there's a single metal door with a small, barred window. On the opposite wall, an equally small window made of force-resistant glass lets you kind of see outside. The floor and ceiling are concrete; the walls cinderblock. You have a metal sink and toilet in one corner, and a spring mattress in other, pushed against the wall that's outside. There's also a wooden bench with no evident purpose. A long rectangular window by your bed lets you see Kayla in her room, which is almost identical to yours. Kayla has a permanent look of worry stained onto her face. Her hands and feet are dirty from working in the ditch, just like yours. With no real options, you try to worry yourself to sleep. (SKIP to the next passage that says "If you tried to escape with Kayla")
You are taken to the changing room, which you are fully familiar with by now. You notice another change in the item choices, this one much more limiting. "Your next trial will take place in the Gymnastics room, hence having it as an option." One guard says. "You'll get to change to be ready for tomorrow; you don't get any special clothes or anything." What shirt do you choose?
T-shirt
Long-sleeve T-shirt
Sleeveless shirt
Tight Undershirt
What pants/legwear?
Sweatpants
Gym Shorts
Yoga Pants
Skinny Jeans
What footwear? (Such options this time, I know!)
Knee-high socks
Ankle Socks
Nothing
(DQA) You come out of the changing room and turn in your old clothes.
Christina is wearing a tight, midnight blue shirt with black yoga pants and bare feet.
Kevin has on a black sleeveless shirt with navy blue gym shorts and no socks.
Kayla is wearing a tight, navy blue long-sleeve T-shirt with black yoga pants and black ankle socks.
The guards replace your restraints and lead you back to where you think your rooms are. But it looks like you'll be staying somewhere else again. This hallway, instead of having several doors in a row, only has a pair of far-apart metal doors with tiny, slot-like windows. The guards take you to one, open the door, and uncuff each of you, one-by-one, shoving each of you in. ******************************************************************* This room is about four times the size of the first room you stayed in. There are four mattresses with small, grey pillows and no blankets. The mattress have about 5 feet of space between them. The walls are grey bricks, the ceiling and floor concrete. The air in the room is almost as cold as the floor. There's a white wooden door on one side, which contains a shower and toilet. "Oh, one more thing." The guards say over the speakers. "The challenge isn't tomorrow; it's in 2 days." What do you do before sleeping?
Shower.
Try to figure out all the details of the next trial.
Engage in short conversation.
Try to figure out a new plan of escape.
Nothing, I just sleep.
You sit in your rooms for the next day, then the day after that. You get 2 small meals every day, and the days trudge by slowly. But, eventually, it's the night before the next trial.
(No Escape Attempt) A heavy knocking on your door wakes everyone up. "Next trial in 20 minutes!" A guard shouts. "Be ready!" You spend your time waking up and shaking off sleep, getting dressed in the clothes you picked the day before. After about 20 minutes, the guards go door-to-door again, handcuffing each of you and adding you to the line. Then you're taken through the maze like hallways and up a flight of stairs. A pair of black doors opens up to a balcony overlooking a large, gymnastics-based course. 2 tables surrounded by 4 metal chairs each are positioned where you are. The announcer comes in the door after you, carrying his laptop, opened.
(Tried to escape) You spend 2 more nights in here, with only small portions of food being brought to you. On the 3rd day, a loud banging on your door wakes you up. You shake off the sleep, hearing the guard outside say, "Next trial is soon! We need you out in 5 minutes!" 5 minutes? What do you have to do in that time? Anyway, you get up and stretch, doing a few simple things before the guard opens you door. He handcuffs you and takes you out into the hallway. You don't recall being told what the trial was about, though. You're led up some stairs and a door opens, revealing a large, open room. You're on a balcony overlooking some sort of obstacle course. You are un-cuffed and set to sit at one of several tables set up with metal chairs. You feel uneasy with the others seeing you in this condition: not well dressed, unkept, with dirty hands and with darkened bottoms of your feet. Christina is wearing a tight, midnight blue shirt with black yoga pants now, and Kevin has on a black sleeveless shirt with navy blue gym shorts. Kayla is wearing a tight, navy blue long-sleeve T-shirt with black yoga pants. Both Chris and Kevin are barefoot, while Kayla has on socks. The announcer walks into the room, carrying his laptop.
(Tried to escape with Kevin) You and Kevin spend 2 more nights in here, with only small portions of food being brought to you. Apparently there's also a sound barrier that stops you from talking with him. On the 3rd day, a loud banging on your door wakes you up. You shake off the sleep, hearing the guard outside say, "Next trial is soon! We need you out in 5 minutes!" 5 minutes? What do you have to do? You get up and stretch, observing Kevin to do the same. Soon, the guards go into your rooms and handcuff you both, taking you out of the room. They lead your through the hallways, and you can't recall what the trial was supposed to be. Up a flight of stairs, and a door opens up to reveal that you're on a balcony overlooking a gymnastics-like course. You and Kevin are forced to sit at metal chairs around one table. Chris and Kayla look at you, their eyes saying "you poor things." It was awkward having them see you not well dressed with dirty hands and blackened feet, but at least you're not the only one. Christina now wears a tight blue shirt with black yoga pants, and Kayla has a black sleeveless shirt with similar pants. Chris is barefoot, while Kayla wears socks. The announcer comes in now. He has his laptop with him.
(Tried to escape with Kayla) You and Kayla spend 2 more nights in here, with only small portions of food being brought to you. Apparently there's also a sound barrier that stops you from talking with her, making things more boring. On the 3rd day, a loud banging on your door wakes you both up. You shake off the sleep, hearing the guard outside say, "Next trial is soon! We need you out in 5 minutes!" You get up and stretch, observing Kayla to shake off her sleep on her own. Soon, the guards go into your rooms and handcuff you both, taking you out of the room. They lead your through the hallways, and you can't recall what the trial was supposed to be. Up a flight of stairs, and a door opens up to reveal that you're on a balcony overlooking a gymnastics-like course. You and Kayle are forced to sit at metal chairs around one table. Chris and Kevin look at you. Chris's eyes show sorriness, while Kevin's basically say "what the heck happened?" It wasn't fun letting them see you like this: not well dressed, wearing prison clothes, with filthy hands and feet. At least you're not the only one. Now, Christina wears a tight, midnight blue shirt and black yoga pants. Kevin has on a black sleeveless shirt with blue gym shorts. All of you lack any sort of footwear. Finally the announcer walks in, carrying his laptop.
"This will be an interesting one, I'm sure." The announcer says. "You can now see that this is a gymnastics-based course. Now, here's how it works: You start from there" - he points to a bar that connects with the balcony - "and work your way down. We judge you based on how far you get. If there's a tie for distance, then we go by time. Any questions? No? Good. We chose names randomly for order. The first is... [Your Name]." The announcer sits down as the guards release you. You step up to the bar. Select which applies to you, and a number:
Good Gymnast, Socks - 1 (E1)
Good Gymnast, Socks - 2 (E2)
Good Gymnast, Barefoot - 1 (E3)
Good Gymnast, Barefoot - 2 (E4)
Bad Gymnast, Socks - 1 (E5)
Bad Gymnast, Socks - 2 (E6)
Bad Gymnast, Barefoot - 1 (E7)
Bad Gymnast, Barefoot - (E8)
(E1) "And... Begin." You start walking down the beam when the announcer says. It's easy enough at first, but the beam shifts into a metallic, thinner one. Slightly more difficult, and your socks make it slippery, but you make it to the next part without falling. You use your hands to grab metal rings suspended on chains. You swing on them slightly before letting go and grabbing the next pair. You do this with relative ease, finally placing yourself on the next platform. You grab onto a metal beam, which is clearly too small to walk on, and use your hands to slide across in a monkey-like fashion. At the end of that, you land. You have a thin metal bar and a trampoline, then another, thicker bar. By the looks of it, you have to run, jump, then land. You start trying to go faster, but your socks are slippery enough that you can barely make the jump to the trampoline. You spring up from there, and land on the bar, slipping just enough for you to tumble down, if it weren't for you grabbing the bar at the last second. You struggle to get a leg up. There are only a couple more things you have to, but your strength doesn't last. Your hands give way, and you go falling to the ground. You get 4 points.
(E2) "And... Begin." You start moving down the beam when the announcer says. It's easy enough at first, but the beam gradually becomes a metallic, thinner one. Slightly more difficult, and your socks make it slippery, but you spread you arms to the sides and make it to the next part without falling. Now ou use your hands to grab metal rings suspended on chains. You grab the first ones, then swing on them slightly before letting go and grabbing the next pair. You do this with relative ease, finally placing yourself on the next platform. You grab onto a metal beam, which is clearly too small to walk on, and use your hands to slide across in a monkey-like fashion. It saps your strength, but it's not that bad. At the end of that, you land. You have a thin metal bar and a trampoline, then another, thicker bar. By the looks of it, you have to run, jump, then land. You start trying to go faster, but your socks are slippery enough that you can barely make the jump to the trampoline. You spring up from there, and land on the bar, avoiding slipping on your socks. You move down the bar to the next full platform, making it just before you would have landed on your face. Now you need to cross several horizontal bars by using your hands to swing on them, letting go and flying to the next. You run and jump, grabbing onto the first one, but your timing is off; you miss the next bar on your flip, causing you to plummet to the trampoline-like ground. You get 5 points.
(E3) "Begin." The announcer cues you to start. You walk down a long beam, which is easy enough, even when it shifts into a thinner, colder, metal one. You spread your arms to the sides and make it to the next platform. Now you have to grab metal rings that are suspended on chains, swinging from one to the next in a monkey-like fashion. When you start, it gets some getting used to, but eventually it becomes simple enough for you to move down to the next portion. This is interesting to say the least. You have a metal bar to run on, with a trampoline between it and another bar. You complete this easily. Now there's a thin metal beam that leads from your platform to the next. It's above your head, you jump to grab onto it, then pull yourself up. You half-crawl across the bar, almost falling several times. The sweat from your nervousness causes your hands and feet to "stick" to the bar, making it slightly easier. You eventually plummet to the next platform. Now you have to jump to a horizontal bar, flip from it, and grab the next, repeating this pattern several times. You run, jump and grab it, flipping and flying to the next. You do this surprisingly well, and you land on the platform. Now the trampoline again, but you have to go from trampoline to trampoline, leaping above bars. You run and jump, clearing the first bar successfully, but hitting the second, causing you to land on the soft ground. You get 6 points.
(E4) "Begin." The announcer cues you to start. You walk down a long beam, which is easy enough, even when it shifts into a thinner, colder, metal one. You spread your arms to the sides and make it to the next platform. Now you have to grab metal rings that are suspended on chains, swinging from one to the next in a monkey-like fashion. When you start, it gets some getting used to, but eventually it becomes simple enough for you to move down to the next portion. This is interesting to say the least. You to run on a metal bar, then bounce a trampoline between it and another bar. You complete this easily. Now there's a thin metal beam that leads from your platform to the next. It's above your head, so you jump to grab onto it, then pull yourself up. You half-crawl across the bar, almost falling several times. You get more nervous up here, and the sweat on your hands and feet can be felt sticking to the metal. You eventually drop to the next platform, breathing deeple. Now you have to jump to a horizontal bar, flip from it, and grab the next, repeating this pattern several times. You run, jump and grab it, flipping and flying to the next. You do this surprisingly well, but on the last leap you barely miss the platform, which hits your legs painfully. You plummet to the trampoline-like ground. You get 5 points.
(E5) "You may begin." The announcer cues the start of your challenge. You don't expect to get far in this one; you have next to zero experience with this, but you go on anyway. You walk on a bar which gradually gets thinner. Since it's red painted metal, your socks are slippery on it, and you constantly have to stop to keep balance. But you make it anyway. On the next platform is when you get worried: you now have to grab suspended metal rings, swing, then grab the next. You pause to gather courage before running and jumping. Your hand grabs the first ring, then you swing to the second. By some miracle you make it through all the rings and drop to a blue-matted platform. Now you're really worried. You have a thin metal beam to run on, then you have to jump from it and onto a trampoline, then land on another beam. You breathe deeply, then charge. But at the last second, you slip. You avoid hitting the trampoline at all, and plummet to the soft, bouncy floor below. You get 3 points.
(E6) "You may begin." The announcer cues the start of your challenge. You don't expect to get far in this one; you have next to zero experience with this, and on top of that you have slippery socks on. But you go on anyway. You slowly walk on a bar which gradually gets thinner. Since it's red painted metal, your socks are slippery on it, and you constantly have to stop to keep balance. But you make it anyway, dropping to the blue mat-platform. You already feel too nervous.. On the next platform is when you get more worried: you now have to grab suspended metal rings, swing, then grab the next. You pause to gather courage before running and jumping. Your hand grabs the first ring, then you swing to the second. You swing and reach for the third silver ring, but it slips through your fingers. You hopelessly plummet, expecting a rough landing, but instead end up hitting the soft, bouncy floor. You get 2 points.
(E7) "You may start, now." The announcer says, signaling you to start walking across a red-painted metal bar that gradually gets thinner. You move across with your hands out to the sides, knowing that you won't do well due to your lack of experience. Eventually the bar ends, and you feel soft, more solid ground on a blue platform. But things, as expected, get harder. Now you have to grab a suspended silver ring, then swing to the next, then to the next, and so on. You breathe deeply, then run and jump. You grab the first ring, then the second, and somehow you make it to the next platform. The next part is simple. You run across a beam, then jump, landing on a trampoline that springs you to the next platform. Simple. Now you have a very thin, circular bar overhead. You grab it and move your hands across like a monkey. But that was the incorrect approach: you lose your grip and plummet to the soft ground. You get 4 points.
(E8) "You may start, now." The announcer says, signaling you to start walking across a red-painted metal bar that gradually gets thinner. You move across with your hands out to the sides, knowing that you won't do well due to your lack of experience. Eventually the bar ends, and you feel wider ground as you step onto a soft, blue platform. But things, as expected, get harder. Now you have to grab a suspended silver ring, then swing to the next, then to the next, and so on. You breathe deeply, then run and jump. You grab the first ring, then the second, and somehow, through some miracle make it to the next short portion. The next part is simple. You have to run across a beam, then jump, landing on a trampoline that springs you to the next platform. It looks simple and plays out well in your head. But when you run and jump, you hit the trampoline too far to the right, and you go off course, banging your left foot on the next platform and falling. You expect a hard landing, but end up on a soft, trampoline-like floor. You get 3 points.
(DQA) After you're done, a guard takes you and leads you up to the balcony again. Everyone else takes their turns. The scores are:
Christina: 4
Kevin: 3
Kayla: 6
You:
(If there's a tie, assume you have the better time.)
The scores are shown now. Like before, you will have a choice as to where you want to go, then you'll have to return to work on something until you have to sleep. Where do you want to go now? (Find the matching location)
My Room
Outside - Beach
Outside - Forest
Gym
Pool
(I tried to escape)
(I tried to escape with Kevin)
(I tried to escape with Kayla)
(Your Room) You pause to think, then decide just to go to your room. The guard agrees, handcuffs you, leads you through the building to your room, un-cuffs you, then pushes you inside, closing the door. You now have a quiet place to think. What do you do?
Sleep
Use the speakers to see if anyone else is here
Think about the next challenge
Think about how to escape.
(Outside - Beach) Your guard gets something on his walkie-talkie. You stay patient while everyone else goes, leaving you behind. You wait for while before the guard ends his conversation, allowing you to request to visit the beach. He handcuffs you and takes you into the halls, to the familiar glass door that leads outside. (Or, if you want, he takes you to your room to grab a swimsuit first.) The weather is still cloudy, but there's no rain and you can see cracks of blue in the sky. There's the familiar path to the forest, with the beach on your left. The guard takes you on the beach, and Christina's guard is out here too. Chris herself is in the water, wearing the 1-piece swimsuits that were provided. Her clothes are bunched together on the sand. The still-damp sand allows you to create clear prints while you walk. Once your handcuffs are removed, you remove your socks - should you have any. Now what?
I find a good place to lay down on the beach.
I remove my shirt and relax on the sand.
I strip to my swim clothes an relax on the sand.
I strip to my swim clothes and join Chris in the water.
I strip to my swim clothes and go into the water, but at a distance from Chris.
I'll remove my shirt only and join Chris in the water.
I remove my shirt only and get in the water, at a distance from Christina.
(Outside - Forest) Your guard gets something on his walkie-talkie. You stay patient while everyone else goes, leaving you behind. You wait for while before the guard ends his conversation, allowing you to request to visit the forest. He replaces your cuffs, and takes you through the hallways until you come to the familiar glass door. The sky is still cloudy, but there are many cracks of blue, and the rain has long stopped, though the area is still kind of wet. The guard takes you outside and you start up the trail, noticing Chris as she and her guard go past. She notices you and stops. "Oh, Kayla's up there." She says, "She wants to be alone. Just so you know." What do you do?
Go forward anyway. (Forest - 1/2)
Follow Chris to the beach instead.
Try to convince Chris that we should both go to the forest anyway. (Forest - 2/2)
(Forest - 1/2) Dismissing what Christina said, you continue up the trail. If you're wearing socks, they're awfully wet and uncomfortable now. You move up the path and start hearing running water. Further on, you see a small clearing in the forest with a very small lake. A small waterfall runs into it, creating the sound. As Christina said, Kayla is here, and so it her guard. Kayla is plopped down by a tree near the water. The ground got her clothes slightly wet, and her socks are balled up on the ground, leaving her feet bare. She notices you and looks away, pretending not to. You approach her anyway, but she doesn't seem to want to talk at all. What do you do?
(Try to talk with her.) You start talking, but Kayla isn't listening very well. She seems awfully depressed, but then again she hasn't shown many other emotions since getting here. "Hey," she says after you pause, "No offense, but I'd really like to be alone right now." You are about to speak again, when she gives you a look that reinforces what she says. So you get up and go back, turning down the trail to see the beach.
(Leave her be) You go on your side of the lake figuring that you won't bother her at all. But surprisingly, you hear "[Your Name]? No offense, but I'd like to be the only one here." You want to protest, but figure it's not worth the effort. You get up and go to join Chris at the beach.
(Forest - 2/2) You eventually talk Christina into joining you in walking back up the path. You move towards the sound of running water, seeing the clearing in the forest with a tiny lake with a small waterfall in it. Kayla is slouched down against the base of a tree. Her clothes are wet from the ground, and her socks are balled up and tossed aside, leaving her feet bare. She pretends not to notice you and Christina. What do you do?
(Try to talk with her) You get Chris to follow you over to Kayla, but Kayla refuses to speak much at all, no matter what you or Chris says. Eventually, the only complete thought you get from her is "If you don't mind, can you guys go somewhere else? No offense, I just want to be alone right now." You both pause, then turn to go to the beach.
(Leave her be) You and Christina stay away from Kayla, thinking she won't mind. But to your surprise, she asks "Can you guys go somewhere else, please? I'd prefer to be alone right now." You and Chris shrug and give in to her wants, leaving the lake for the beach.
(Go to the beach now) You and Christina turn and go to the beach instead.
(Gym) Your guard gets something on his walkie-talkie. You stay patient while everyone else goes, leaving you behind. You wait for while before the guard ends his conversation, allowing you to request to visit the gym. You get handcuffed, like usual, and taken through the maze-like halls. The black doors to the gym open up, revealing the mass amount of exercise equipment is such a small room. You get onto the black-matted floor after your cuffs are undone, then get to work on a machine.
(Pool) Your guard gets something on his walkie-talkie. You stay patient while everyone else goes, leaving you behind. You wait for while before the guard ends his conversation, allowing you to request to visit the pool. He nods and handcuffs you. You are taken into the hallways, then led around until you come to some double-doors, which open up to an area much like a high school swimming pool. Kevin is already here, messing around in the water. You go to the pile of swim clothes in the corner and pick out something your size, going to change in the changing stalls. After that, what do you do?
Jump in the water and mess around.
Jump in the water and mess around, talking to Kevin.
Sit by the edge of the pool and talk to Kevin.
Sit by the edge of the pool and silently think to yourself.
Get in the water just for comfort, and talk to Kevin.
Get in the water just for comfort, and think to yourself.
(I tried to escape) The guard handcuffs you and leads you into the hall, since you don't get any location requests. You are led around through the hallways, with Kayla's guard behind yours. Both guards take their prisoners to the glass door that leads outside; the sky is cloudy still, but the rain has stopped, though the ground still feels kind of wet underfoot. You are taken onto the trail and are forced to walk a short distance before breaking off. You take one final look back, seeing Kayla as she stops to pull off her wet socks. She looks back at you with eyes that say "I'm so sorry for you." You are taken to the familiar ditch, which now has panels on the sides - except for one place. You are handed the shovel after being released from the cuffs. Without a word, you get to work.
(I tried to escape with Kevin) You and Kevin are lead through the halls without having any choice of where to go. Eventually, you find yourself at the door to outside. The sky is still cloudy and the ground is kind of wet, but the rain has long stopped. You notice Kayla's guard is following you, with Kayla close behind. After following the trail, the guards leading you and Kevin break off the trail. After some more walking, you find yourself back at the dreaded ditch, which now has a few panels on the sides. You and Kevin are un-cuffed and given shovels again. Without a word, you get to work immediately.
(I tried to escape with Kayla) You and Kayla are lead through the halls without having any choice of where to go. Eventually, you find yourself at the door to outside. The sky is still cloudy and the ground is kind of wet, but the rain has long stopped. After following the trail, the guards leading you and Kayla move off course, and into the forest again. You don't understand for few moments, but then you see the clearing. You come up to that dreaded ditch again, and have your cuffs removed. You and Kayla are forced into the ditch and are given shovels. You know what to do, and get to work.
*****After time has passed...*****
(Escape attempt [Alone or with anyone]) You collapse on your mattress from the work. It seemed to have lasted a lot longer than before. You sit up on your bed and bend over, letting out a sigh of relief that it's over - for now. Your hands are almost covered in dark brown, and your feet are already black on the bottoms. Before tossing you back in here, the guard said they still have a while to be completely ready for the next trial. But at the moment, you're so exhausted that you can't help but collapse and sleep. (Skip everything until you see "Tried to escape" or "Tried to escape with [Kevin/Kyla]", whatever applies to you.)
(No escape attempt) Everyone comes back inside from work, handcuffed behind the back, and with a wet body. For work, you had to take large bricks and rocks and carry them to bend a stream a certain way. You guessed it was just convenient that none of you had shoes at the time. But now you're brought inside to the changing room again. "This time," the guard starts, "Your going to stay in these rooms for a while, so dress comfortably. Now, there will also be dress clothes set in your room. These will be for the next trial. make sure they're in good condition." Everyone's cuffs are removed, and you are free to change.
What shirt?
T-shirt
Long-sleeve T-shirt
Sweatshirt (Hood; T-shirt underneath)
Sleeveless shirt
Button-down shirt
Pants/legwear?
Jeans
Shorts
Skinny Jeans
Sweatpants
Gym shorts
Yoga pants
And, finally, footwear?
Gym shoes
Sandals (No socks)
Slippers (No socks)
Flip-flops
Socks only
Nothing
(DQA) You come out of the changing room, and everyone finishes their clothing change.
Christina is wearing a black sweatshirt with grey sweatpants and gym shoes with socks.
Kevin has a midnight blue T-shirt with similarly colored gym shorts, with gym shoes on his feet.
Kayla has on a navy blue sweatshirt and black sweatpants. She's wearing gym shoes as well.
This time, instead of taking you to a hallway with several doors, this one is pretty far from everything else in the building and only has two doors. Both are grey-painted metal, with a single small, slot-like window. One of the men opens the nearest door, and then you are all shoved inside, the door slammed and locked behind you. ******************************************************************* This room is probably the strangest of all the rooms you've stayed in so far. First off, the floor isn't solid concrete or carpet. It's actually dark brown and kind of earthy, though too hard to dig through with your bare hands. The bricks in the walls are the small, clay type usually found outside of buildings, painted light brown. A single long, slot-like window about 10 inches high stretches over each of the four mattresses in the room. There's a sheet of tough plastic with thin metal reinforcement wires to prevent your escape. There's a small table between each mattress. On top of the pillow of each mattress, there are dress clothes for whoever is supposed to use that one, fitted pretty closely to your size. The room is lit by two clusters of lightbulbs in the ceiling. There's a curtain in one corner, which blocks off what you think is a shower. Next to that, another curtain hides the toilet. ******************************************************************* Once everyone's done taking in the scene, you each find what mattress is supposed to be yours. Kevin and Kayla move their clothes onto the closest end table, while Chris just pushes them to the side. Kayla then goes over into the shower area. After a little while, Kevin whips off his shirt and walks over near the shower curtain and stands outside, trying not to take a peek while he's waiting for Kayla to finish. Chris removes her shoes and stretches back on the mattress, clearly exhausted. What do you do before sleeping?
Try talking with Kevin / Christina.
Wait for Kayla to finish, then use the shower.
Look at the dress clothes.
Nothing; I just sleep.
You stay in this room for about 2 weeks. Nothing much happens here, and you get fed small meals about 2 or 3 times per day. Things get old really quickly, and eventually you might as well be living in an actual prison cell. Upon request, guards bring you fresh clothes of the type you chose earlier once every two days. The night before the challenge is supposed to take place, you lay down in bed, and are about to asleep when the announcer's voice on the speakers snaps you awake. "Having a fun time in there?" He mocks. "Now, there's an extra twist to this challenge. Those dress clothes you were issued are required and their condition will have an impact on your final score. Also, we won't take you out at a specific time. When you're ready, the guards will lead you to a door, which opens to a road you have to follow. You have to wake up on your own, and we only interfere if you're going to be exceptionally late. To get into the next building, you have to be at least mostly dressed in your fancy clothes. You can't change once you're there. When we start, your appearance will either help or hurt your score." You process what he says, and then finally doze off to sleep.
You wake up for a moment, then remember the challenge. You shake yourself awake and check the clock. 9:15. You aren't sure what time you have to go, but regardless you go to the dress clothes and start putting them on. (If you're male, you get a black suitcoat with a button-down white shirt, black pants, black shoes and socks, and a black bowtie. If you're female, you get a white button-down shirt with a black coat to wear over it. A black band is provided so you can tie your hair into a ponytail. You also have a black skirt that drops to your knees and have to wear flats.) **************************************************************************** Once your hair looks decent and everything looks okay, which takes about 20 minutes, you knock on the door. (You noticed that both Kevin and Christina are gone.) Your guard opens it. You tell him you're ready to leave, and he grabs you by the shoulder, but doesn't handcuff you. He takes you into the halls and to the door, which is actually a pair of double-doors with small windows that let you sea the wide forest-surrounded road. He opens it, then says: "You're off on your own now. But still, don't try to escape. It won't work." He goes back inside.
You start walking on the gravel path, about as wide as a 2-lane street. You go for a couple turns, go up and down slight hills, and see one or two small, home-like buildings on the road. But you also notice that the ground starts getting muddier. At first, it wasn't much, but it did rain last night.The sky still shows signs of the rainclouds. You do your best to avoid the mud, eventually spotting Christina ahead of you. You keep your pace, and you catch up with here at your destination: a log-cabin like structure with some obvious modern changes to it. The guard at the door lets you into the lobby.
(Tried to escape [Alone or with anyone]) You've spent a few weeks in your cell, with small meals being brought twice a day. Other than than, you remain alone in your room. One night, there's a heavy knock on the door. A guard comes in and drops what look like dress clothes onto the floor. He moves out of the room and shuts the heavy door before speaking: "We were told that you'll need to wear these tomorrow for the trial. We'll wake you up, but we won't have much patience for you when you're getting dressed." You think about this for a moment before drifting off to sleep. ******************************************************************** When you wake up the next morning, you see the dress clothes and remember what the guard said. You have to wonder why the clothes were necessary, but you're in no position to make complaints. You quickly dress. (If you're male, you get a black suitcoat with black pants and a black bowtie. A thin white undershirt replaces a button-down shirt, and you can't seem to find the footwear. If you're female, you get a white button-down shirt with a black coat to wear over it. You also have a black skirt that drops to your knees but don't seem to have shoes available.) [Move to "Tried to escape Alone", or "Tried to escape with [Kevin/Kayla]]
(Tried to escape alone) The guard opens the door right as you finish getting dressed. Like usual, he handcuffs you, but this time in the front. He leads you wordlessly into the hallway, following the halls. He takes you to a door, which is actually a pair of double-doors with small windows that let you sea the wide forest-surrounded road. He opens it, then says: "You're off on your own now. Follow this trail until you get to the building. But still, don't try to escape. It won't work." He goes back inside. You're left to follow the trail handcuffed. You start walking. The trail is gravel, making it painful (Or just uncomfortable if you're that tough.) to walk on. The sky is still cloudy after last night's rain, and everything is still wet from that as well. It seems to take forever before you see a large, log-cabin like building with a guard out front. You assume this is the place. The guard lets you in after you approach him, but your cuffs are still in place.
(Tried to escape with Kevin) The guard opens your door right as you finished getting dressed. You hear the same thing from Kevin's cell. Both of you are handcuffed and taken into the halls, eventually coming up to a pair of double doors with small windows that lets you see the forest-surrounded, wet gravel road. The door is opened, and a guard says, "You're off on your own now. Follow this trail until you get to the building. But still, don't try to escape. It won't work." He then shuts the door, leaving you and Kevin outside, still handcuffed. Shrugging, you both start down the gravel trail. It's painful (Or at least very uncomfortable) on your feet, but it's not like you have much of a choice. Kevin seems to be living with the pain. The sky is still cloudy after last night's rain, making the mood even glummer. It seems to take forever before you see a large, log-cabin like building with a guard out front. You assume this is the place. The guard lets you and Kevin in after you approach him, but your cuffs are still in place.
(Tried to escape with Kayla) The guard opens your door right as you finished getting dressed. You hear the same thing from Kayla's cell. Kayla is wearing the same dressed clothes as listed before (Under, "if you're female"). You are both handcuffed, unsurprisingly, and led into the hallway until you come to a pair of double-doors with windows that let you see the glum, grey sky and the wet forest-surrounded gravel trail ahead. One guard says, opening the door, "You're off on your own now. Follow this trail until you get to the building. But still, don't try to escape. It won't work." He then shuts the door, leaving you both outside in handcuffs. With not many other options, you both start down the road. The gravel is painful to walk on without shoes (Or just "uncomfortable" if you're really that tough.). Kayla flinches whenever she takes a step. But you both keep going forward, Kayla eventually walking in the grass beside the road. It seems to take forever before you see a large, log-cabin like building with a guard out front. You assume this is the place. The guard lets you and Kayla in after you approach him, but your cuffs are still in place.
(DQA) The lobby here is made of darkish wood, with a dark grey carpet. There are empty coat racks near the door. In the center is the kind of rectangular seating arrangement with a plant in the center, like you'd find in a mall. There's a counter with locked cabinets with a coffeemaker and water dispenser on top of it, but both of these don't work for you. On the opposite wall of the counter, there's a pair of comfortable-looking chairs. Read whichever applies to you...
(No escape attempt) You come it to see Kevin and Chris, dressed just as fancy as you are, sitting quietly on the center thing. You plop down somewhere. Soon enough, Kayla comes in too, looking around before taking a seat.
(Tried escaping alone) All the others are here already, dressed similarly to you, except with a completed outfit. After looking around, you notice a pair of shoes (and possibly socks & a button-down shirt if you're male) sitting on one of the chairs. You walk over to them and either put them on now or wait.
(Tried escaping with Kevin) Kayla and Christina are here already, wearing the dress clothes provided for the girls, except that they have shoes. You notice a button-down shirt and black shoes/socks on one chair, and shoes on the other (Plus socks and a button-down shirt if you're male). You and Kevin both go to claim your clothes.
(Tried escaping with Kayla) You and Kayla step in to see Kevin and Chris, both with completed outfits. You notice that on the chairs, there's a pair of flats on one, and a dress shirt/shoes/socks (If you're male) or another pair of flats. (If you're female.) Kayla walks over and takes her shoes.
After a short and awkward wait, you hear the announcer over the speakers, calling you all through the double doors opposite of the ones you came in from. You all walk through the doors, revealing what seems to be a small banquet hall, with four tables. Nicely dressed men and women sit at each table, all wearing the sunglasses/facemask combination that everyone else here has. A guard guides you through another door, and inside it looks like a kitchen area in here. The announcer stands in here with his laptop on a counter.
"Now," he starts, "you are either wondering what the challenge is or you've figured it out." He motions to a collection of platters, each one with either filled wine glasses or plates of good-looking food on them. "You're going to be serving the people you just saw sitting out there." He pauses. "But there's a catch. We're not going to directly tell you who-ordered-what. We'll give you hints, and in the end you'll figure it out. Like a logic puzzle. No one will give you any indication whether or not you've got it wrong or right. We have another waiting room just through this kitchen. You each will take turns for this challenge, like the trivia one." He glances at his laptop. "First off is Christina. The guards will show everyone else where to go." After that, a guard did indeed lead the other 3 of you through the kitchen and into a waiting room. There's a brown, wooden table in the center, held up by a pillar-like structure bolted into the red-carpeted floor. 4 wooden chairs surround it. There's gold lining on the corners and sides of the wall, and the rest of the room is dark red, except for the single light illuminating the entire scene. Each of you sit in a chair, then are promptly handcuffed to a metal bolt in the table and then leg-ironed to the front two chair legs. The guard leaves, probably still watching you through the window on the door.
You lost track of time, but it's a while before Chris comes in, accompanied by a guard, and sits in the empty chair, being restrained the same way you are now. The guard then releases Kayla, and leads her out the door. You wait patiently in your uncomfortable position. The dress clothes are getting very uncomfortable at this point. Christina struggles against the restraints for a little bit, but in the end only managed to work her flats off. After Kayla returns and is restrained again, you are released and brought back into the kitchen. The announcer sits in a metal chair, with a platter of 3 wine glasses on the counter beside him, the laptop in his lap.
"So," he says, "there will be 4 parts to this. Overall, 15 people served. You will be judged based on how many people you serve correctly. Ready for your first attempt?"
1.) There are three women at this table, each wearing hats. One has a red feather, one has a green one, and the last has a blue. Two are sitting next to each other, one sits facing them. There are three drinks: Wine, vodka, and just plain water. The woman sitting next to the woman with the red feather doesn't want water. The woman sitting alone wants wine. The woman with the red isn't sitting next to the green feather. Who gets what drink?
Red Feather Woman
Green Feather Woman
Blue Feather Woman
2.) The next table has two men and a woman. One man wears a red tie, the other wears a black one. The three drinks are the same: Wine, vodka, water. The woman doesn't want vodka, nor does the man with a black tie. The man with the black tie doesn't want water. Who gets what drink?
Woman
Man (Black Tie)
Man (Red Tie)
3.) The next table has 4 people; all men. There are 4 types of fish prepared: salmon, cod, tilapia, and carp. The man with a bowtie sits across from a man with a grey coat. The man to the left of the one in a grey coat has tan skin. The man across from the man to the left of the bowtie wants tilapia. The man across from the man with the grey coat doesn't want cod. The man to the right of the man in a bowtie doesn't want carp. The man in the grey coat wants neither carp nor cod. Who gets what fish?
Man with a bowtie:
Man with tan skin:
Man with a grey coat:
Man who was not described:
4.) There are 5 people at the final table: 3 men, 2 women. There are 4 desserts: french silk pie; pecan pie; devil's food cake; frozen custard. One man has a black tie, one with a blue tie, and one with a bowtie. One woman has red glasses, the other has black. The man with a blue tie sits between the woman with red glasses and another man. The woman without red glasses sits next to a man in a bowtie. A man doesn't want dessert. One man wants the custard. The person who wants cake doesn't sit next to a woman. A woman who wants pecan pie sits next to the man who wants custard. The woman with black glasses sits next to the man who doesn't want dessert. Who gets what dessert?
Man (Bowtie):
Man (Blue Tie):
Man (Black Tie):
Woman (Black Glasses):
Woman (Red Glasses):
(DQA) You come back into the waiting room and are chained up again after finishing. Kevin takes his turn, and soon after you are all let back into the kitchen, where you are shown your scores... (Answer key below)
1.) Red feather wanted water.
1.) Blue feather wanted vodka.
1.) Green feather wanted wine.
2.) Red tie wanted vodka.
2.) Black tie wanted wine.
2.) Woman wanted water.
3.) Tan skin wanted tilapia.
3.) Grey coat gets salmon
3.) Bowtie wanted carp.
3.) Undescribed wanted cod.
4.) Man with black tie wanted cake.
4.) Man with bowtie didn't want anything.
4.) Man with blue tie wanted custard.
4.) Woman with red glasses wanted pecan pie.
4.) Woman with black glasses wanted french silk pie.
Place your score based on the answer key: (Be honest!)
You:
Chris: 11/15
Kevin: 10/15
Kayla: 15/15
After seeing the scores, you are handcuffed behind the back again and taken through the doors and into the lobby, then outside again. You are led through the same path as before, until you make it to the building that you were being held in. The sun is still high in the sky, and the clouds are mostly gone. The guards take you inside. (Find the one which applies to you)
(No escape attempt) All 4 of your are moved around the building, until you come to the familiar changing room. The guard notes that you'll have a little free time, but after that you're getting a new room. Again. But first, just worry about clothes. What shirt?
T-shirt
Long-sleeve T
Sweatshirt (T-shirt underneath)
White undershirt
(No escape 2) What pants/legwear?
Jeans
Shorts
Sweatpants
Gym shorts
Skirt (Long)
(No escape 3) What footwear? (After this, skip until you find something without "Tried to escape")
Gym shoes
Sandals
Flip-flops
Socks only
Nothing
(DQA) You come out of the changing stall, where everyone is waiting.
Chris is wearing a T-shirt with shorts and flip-flops.
Kevin has a T-shirt with gym shorts and gym shoes.
Kayla has on a sweatshirt with sweatpants and gym shoes.
(Tried escaping alone) (DQA) One of the guards branches off from the group, taking you along for the trip. The others are led down the hall, and around a corner. You are taken through the maze-like halls until you come to a door. The guard pushes you inside, where you see a clothes on the shelves, all of the same old grey color. Two changing stalls are in here. Knowing what you're supposed to do, you enter one of the stalls and change into the other clothes.
(If you're male) Instead of the normal prison pants, you have to wear what look like working pants, which resemble baggy, dark grey, faded, filthy jeans. You are forced to go shirtless and barefoot.
(If you're female) These are unlike what you had before. You have to wear a worn, sleeveless T-shirt that looks like it was originally white. It is dirty and covered with stains to the point of being grey, and it's ripped off at the bottom, slightly revealing your belly. The pants are working pants, resembling dark grey, filthy jeans. Like before, you have to go barefoot.
(Tried escaping alone cont.) After getting changed, the guard handcuffs you behind the back again and takes you into the hall. He again leads you through the building until you come to a door leading outside, which you are already familiar with. With there, he leads you through the green forest, the light sky and normally comforting sounds not very relaxing at this moment. You march through the forest until you come back to that ditch that you dug before. It's gotten slightly longer, and the sides are covered with wide wooden boards. Your cuffs are removed, and you are handed a shovel. Head down, you get in the ditch and start digging on the dirt side.
(Tried escaping with Kevin) (DQA) One of the guards branches off from the group, taking you and Kevin along for the trip. The others are led down the hall, and around a corner. You are taken through the maze-like halls until you come to a door. The guard pushes you inside, where you see a clothes on the shelves, all of the same old grey color. Two changing stalls are in here. Knowing what you're supposed to do, you and Kevin enter the stalls and change into the other clothes.
(If you're male) Instead of the normal prison pants, you have to wear what look like working pants, which resemble baggy, dark grey, faded, filthy jeans. You are forced to go shirtless and barefoot.
(If you're female) These are unlike what you had before. You have to wear a worn, sleeveless T-shirt that looks like it was originally white. It is dirty and covered with stains to the point of being grey, and it's ripped off at the bottom, slightly revealing your belly. The pants are working pants, resembling dark grey, filthy jeans. Like before, you have to go barefoot.
(Tried escaping with Kevin cont.) After getting changed, you step back into the room, where Kevin is waiting with the guard, wearing the same thing listed before. The guard handcuffs both of you behind the back again and takes you into the hall. He again leads you through the building until you come to a door leading outside, which you are already familiar with. With there, he leads you through the green forest, the light sky and normally comforting sounds not very relaxing at this moment. You march through the forest until you come back to that ditch that you dug before. It's gotten slightly longer, and the sides are covered with wide wooden boards. Your cuffs are removed, and you and Kevin are given shovels. Heads down, you follow Kevin into the ditch and start digging on the dirt side.
(Tried escaping with Kayla) (DQA) One of the guards branches off from the group, taking you and Kayla along for the trip. The others are led down the hall, and around a corner. You are taken through the maze-like halls until you come to a door. The guard pushes you inside, where you see a clothes on the shelves, all of the same old grey color. Two changing stalls are in here. Knowing what you're supposed to do, you and Kayla enter the stalls and change into the other clothes.
(If you're male) Instead of the normal prison pants, you have to wear what look like working pants, which resemble baggy, dark grey, faded, filthy jeans. You are forced to go shirtless and barefoot.
(If you're female) These are unlike what you had before. You have to wear a worn, sleeveless T-shirt that looks like it was originally white. It is dirty and covered with stains to the point of being grey, and it's ripped off at the bottom, slightly revealing your belly. The pants are working pants, resembling dark grey, filthy jeans. Like before, you have to go barefoot.
(Tried escaping with Kayla cont.) After getting changed, you step back into the room, where Kevin is waiting with the guard, wearing the same thing listed before. Kayla seems as self-conscious as ever. The guard handcuffs both of you behind the back again and takes you into the hall. He again leads you through the building until you come to a door leading outside, which you are already familiar with. With there, he leads you through the green forest, the light sky and normally comforting sounds not very relaxing at this moment. You march through the forest until you come back to that ditch that you dug before. It's gotten slightly longer, and the sides are covered with wide wooden boards. Your cuffs are removed, and you and Kayla are given shovels. Heads down, Kayla follows you into the ditch and you both start digging on the dirt side.
Now, select your destination: (Again, find matching location)
(I tried escaping)
Outside - Forest
Outside - Beach
Sitting Room (More like a quiet motel room.)
Gym
(Outside - Forest) You ask to go outside to the forest. (Duh.) As usual, you are handcuffed and led into the hallways, around until you find the door, Chris's guard close behind. The guard takes you outside the door, and turn to go on the forested trail. The familiar sound of running water can be heard, and you soon come to the pond in the forest, with a small waterfall dropping into it, with its own nice little clearing. The sky is clear, the sun still somewhat high, and the sounds of the forest are just relaxing. What do you do now?
Find a nice spot to lay down and relax or nap.
Take off my shoes and socks, then find a nice spot to relax or nap.
Remove my shirt and footwear, then find a nice spot to relax or nap.
Remove my shoes and socks, and wade into the pond.
Take of my shirt and footwear, then wade into the pond.
Sit or lie down by the pond, only my feet in the water.
Strip my shoes/socks off, then sit or lie by the pond, only my feet in the water.
Run/exercise by the pond.
Remove my footwear, then run laps or exercise around the pond.
Take my shoes, shirt, and socks off then run laps or exercise.
(Outside - Beach) You are allowed to wear a swimsuit from the changing room, if you want to. Your guard leads you into the hall (After handcuffing you of course), and followed by Chris's guard, leads you around the halls, and out the door to the outside. The sky is clear, and there's still a lot of daylight left. You are taken down to the beach, your cuffs removed. Chris's guard does the same with her. Both the guards step back several paces, still keeping a sharp eye on both of you. Chris kicks off her shoes and plops down on the sand, close enough to the surf that water whooshes past her occasionally. What do you do?
Sit somewhere on the sand and relax or nap.
Sit by Chris and talk.
Remove my footwear and find somewhere to relax or nap.
Remove my footwear and plop down by Chris to talk.
Take off my shirt/shoes/socks and find somewhere to relax and/or nap.
Take off my shirt/shoes/socks and sit by Chris to talk.
Strip to swim clothes, then find somewhere to relax or nap.
Strip to swim clothes, then sit by Chris and talk.
Remove my shoes and wade into the surf.
Remove my shirt/footwear and wade into the surf.
Strip to swim clothes and wade into the surf.
Take off my footwear and dive into the water.
Take off my shirt/footwear and get into the water.
Strip to swim clothes and get into the water.
(Gym) You request to use the gym. Your guard cuffs you and follows Kevin's around the building until you come to black double-doors, which open up into the exercise room. Two men, probably guards on break, are in the corner with the weights. Your guard and Kevin's both handcuff their respective prisoners. Now what?
I'll find an exercise and talk with Kevin meanwhile.
I'll pick an exercise and just do that.
(Sitting room place) You ask to go to the quiet room. Your guard cuffs you, (unsurprisingly) and takes you into the hall, following Kayla's guard. This trip takes quite a while, until you come to a wooden door, which opens up to a carpeted room with white walls, two mattresses with sheets and pillows, and a couple brown, very comfortable-looking chairs. Kayla sits on one of the beds and leans back, as if she's ready for a nap. Now what?
I'll sit by Kayla and try to start a conversation.
I'll drop on a mattress and relax/nap.
I'll plop in one of the chairs and think, relax, or nap.
After what felt like a pretty short time, your guard calls you up and says it's time to get going. You get up (Replacing any clothing you may have removed) and follow the guard, getting handcuffed. From wherever you are, you are led to the door outside, then into the forest. You eventually end up in a familiar clearing in the forest. The ditch you were forced to work on before sits in the ground in front of you. When everyone else catches up and gathers here, the cuffs are removed. You and Chris are given shovels, while Kevin and Kayla are in charge of the wooden boards. You jump into the ditch, and Chris follows after ditching (*groan*) here non-work-worthy flip-flops. Everyone's hard at work, internally worrying what happens if you don't.
(Tried escaping [alone/with anyone]) (DQA) The guard calls time. He takes your shovel, then handcuffs you (and the other person if you're with one.), leading you back into the forest. Eventually you get to the building, back into the halls, and soon enough to your familiar little prison cell. The guard opens the heavy door, uncuffs you, then shoves you inside, (doing the same with the other person afterwards.) He mentions something about going to a new place, but he's hardly audible. You collapse on your bed in exhaustion. The guard worked you as hard as ever. Your hands are black on the palms, your feet black on the soles. You turn on your uncomfortable mattress, trying to sleep. (Skip until you find the thing which applies to you.)
After the sun starts to set, the guards take your supplies and handcuff you all again. You are taken away, leaving anything not on you behind (If you had to remove your shoes, for example), and back to that door. The guards organize you into a line and lead you through the halls. Eventually, you come to a pair of metal doors with slot-like windows. One guard opens one, and one-by-one he uncuffs each of you and shoves you into the room. This room is collectively for all of you, with four mattresses, each with only a white pillow and white blanket. The walls are cinderblock, and a small wooden door is in one side, probably leading to a bathroom. Small end tables are between each "bed", as before. The floor is brownish carpet, though not all that soft. The whole room is lighted by two collections of lightbulbs on the ceiling.
You stay in this room for a total of 3 weeks. Nothing changes on a day-to-day basis. You are each fed 2 small meals every day. Every 3 days, you are allowed to request for clothes of the same type that you're currently wearing, if you turn in the ones you have after changing.
One morning, as you're getting up again, an out-of-nowhere, heavy knock sounds on the door, waking everyone up with a shock. A guard shoves the door open, 2 of his co-workers blocking the exit. He quickly moves to Kevin - the nearest person - and handcuffs him behind the back, shoving him up towards the other guards. "We're going, now. If you didn't get the hint." The guard says, handcuffing you next. He does the same with Christina and Kayla. In the hallways, you are led in a strict line until you come to a door that leads to outside. This isn't one you've used before, and by the little sunlight that has reached the sky, you can tell there's a trail here, surrounded by forest. You are taken outside and are forced to follow the trail. ******************************************************************* After what feels like a long walk, the sun is almost in the sky completely now, though a lot of clouds have blown in. The guard unlocks another door and opens it, forcing all of you to follow him into the new building. This one's halls are just as confusing and similar in appearance. The escorts lead you around until you come to a wooden door with a circular, metal knob. Opening it, it reveals a changing room like those you've seen before. The exception being that there isn't a whole lot of variety in here at all - it all looks like prison clothes. The door is closed. You are each uncuffed, then handed some of these clothes, which include underwear. One guard says, "Each of you, get in a stall. Change into the new clothes completely, then return your old ones - and that includes shoes and underwear." ******************************************************************** After you change, you do as the guard asks and return all of your old clothes. You are now wearing what looks like an official prison uniform. The top had to be buttoned-on, and what seems to be a fake buttoned pocket is on the left chest. The sleeves cover your entire arms, but can be unbuttoned to allow you to roll them to your elbows. The pants have buttons as well, and the pockets are sewn shut. They are a similar dark grey color as the upper part.
(Tried to Escape [Alone or with Anyone]) You remain here for what feels like 3 whole weeks. You receive small meals twice every day, and every day, at about noon, you (And the other person if you escaped with someone else) are taken outside to work on the ditch or do some other job. But one morning, a loud knock on your door startles you awake. The guard busts into your cell, demanding that you get up. You do, and he handcuffs you behind the back. "We've received orders to relocate you and the other challengers." he says, shoving you outside where 2 more guards are waiting. (Skip to the next one that applies to you.)
(Tried escaping alone) The guards had taken you outside again, and led you on an unfamiliar trail to another building. The sun was barely touching the sky. The next building is as just confusing and similar in appearance to the last one, until the guard leads you to another changing room, where the other competitors (if not "prisoners") are. Kevin has finished changing already, the two girls still in the stalls. Kevin wears what looks like an official prison uniform. The top is buttoned-on, and what seems to be a fake buttoned pocket is on the left chest. The sleeves cover the entire length of Kevin's arm, but he unbuttoned them to roll them up to his elbows. The pants are the same dark grey color as the top and the pockets are sewn shut. Kevin's feet are bare. A guard hands you similar-looking clothing, and you get into a changing stall.
(Tried escaping with Kevin) The guards had taken you and Kevin outside again, and led you on an unfamiliar trail to another building. The sun was barely touching the sky. The next building is as just confusing and similar in appearance to the last one, until the guard leads you to another changing room, where the other competitors (if not "prisoners") are. You see Christina just getting out of the changing stalls, handing he old clothes to the guard. She now wears what looks like an official prison uniform. The top is buttoned-on, and what seems to be a fake buttoned pocket is on the left chest. The sleeves cover the entire length of her arms, it looks like they can be unbuttoned to roll up to the elbows. The pants are the same dark grey color as the top and the pockets are sewn shut. Chris's feet are bare. A guard hands you and Kevin similar-looking clothing, and you both get into changing stalls.
(Tried escaping with Kayla) The guards had taken you and Kayla outside again, and led you on an unfamiliar trail to another building. The sun was barely touching the sky. The next building is as just confusing and similar in appearance to the last one, until the guard leads you to another changing room, where the other competitors (if not "prisoners") are. You see Christina just getting out of the changing stalls, handing her old clothes to the guard, and Kevin is already finished changing. The new clothes look just like official prison uniforms. The top needs to be buttoned-on, and what seems to be a fake buttoned pocket is on the left chest. The sleeves cover the entire length of the arms, it looks like they can be unbuttoned to roll up to the elbows. The pants are the same dark grey color as the top and the pockets are sewn shut. Both Chris and Kevin are barefoot. A guard hands you and Kayla similar-looking clothing, and you both get into changing stalls.
After everyone is finished changing, a guard shackles each of your ankles, connecting you with everyone by chain. You are then presented with your footwear; you are allowed to wear the same type of shoe as the ones you came in with. If you didn't have shoes before, then you are allowed very thin flip-flops. What footwear?
Gym Shoes
Sandals
Flip-flops
I decide to go without footwear.
Flip-flops (I didn't have shoes prior to changing)
I decide to go without footwear. (I didn't have shoes prior to changing)
(DQA) Everyone completes their new "uniform"...
Christina remains with bare feet.
Kevin wears flip-flops.
Kayla wears gym shoes.
Now, everyone is handcuffed behind their backs and taken into the hall by the guards. ******************************************************************** Everyone sits quietly in their new cell. Each one has a single spring mattress bed, a wooden bench bolted to the wall, and a toilet/sink. The walls are grey brick, the floor cold concrete. The cells are arranged on 3 walls of a rectangular room: 2 cells on the wall opposite the door; 1 on each of the other wall. You're in one of the cells opposite the door, and you can see Kayla and Kevin in their cells through the metal bars. Suddenly a voice comes over the speakers. "Well, I bet you're enjoying your new rooms!" the cocky voice of the announcer says. "There's reason for bringing you here. See, in the final trial, you'll have to escape a fake prison, and make it to a specific point without being captured again! Details will be explained when the time comes, but for now, enjoy your stay!"
You sit in your cell for the rest of the day, relying on the guards over the speakers telling you the time every two hours. ********************************************************************* The next day, you wake up, and sit quietly until, at about 10:00, a guard comes in. He mentions something about making sure you're "ready" for your escape challenge. As a result, you are all taken from your cells, outside on a roughly circular gravel track, surrounded by the forest and chain-link fences. You all then have to run 3 laps around it, then walk 1, repeating that until the guards watching you called everyone back to the building. They then confiscated all of your footwear, and sent you back to run. Anyone not running on the gravel was called out and sometimes threatened. ********************************************************************** After another hour or so of that, you are all called back. Your footwear is returned to you, and then you move to a working site, where conditions are identical to that of the ditch. You were all in a large, circular crater-shape, making the pit bigger with your shovels. You work until the sun starts coming down, and then you are returned to your cells, where you are fed a meal twice the size of the ones you were receiving before.
For the next 2 weeks, that cycle continues every day, with the addition of having to lift things at the digsite. Eventually, running barefoot on the gravel doesn't hurt anymore and the shovel work is more boring than exhausting. One night, before falling asleep, you hear the call of the announcer, saying that the final trial will be on the following night.
A heavy knock on the door wakes everyone up in their cells. A trio of guards walks in; one of them unlocks Kevin's cell, handcuffs him, and shoves him towards the other guards. He then opens your cell, and does the same to you, repeating this until everyone is handcuffed and lined up in the room. The guards take you out of the room, and lead you through the halls for - hopefully - the final time to enter a challenge. They push open a black-painted wooden door, which leads to a switchback stairway, leading up. At the top of the stairs, another black door is opened, and you see the announcer inside, looking at the view from the window of this tower. Through the window, you can see a building which looks like a prison meant for only twenty to thirty prisoners. People are performing maintenance and setting up a couple things inside the walls of the building. From this tower, you can just barely see over the treetops and see the ocean. "Welcome." The announcer says mockingly. "Unlike the other trials, this one will happen over the course of 4 days; each of you has 18 hours to figure out how to escape the makeshift prison, and make it to the gate at the bottom of this tower. Now, I'm relocating each of you into the basement of that building, where you'll stay until it's your turn. Tonight, Christina will be transferred into the cell she's supposed to escape from. After her turn, we'll inform you on who's going next. Now.. guards?" The guards turn you all around and take you back down to the stairs.
You and the other prisoners are lead out of the building, through a short trail in the forest, and out onto a part of the beach that you haven't seen yet. From there, you can see the top of your next destination piercing through the trees. But something else catches your eyes - boats by wooden docks, waiting by the beach. There are a variety of sizes, but all of them seem large enough to hold the four of you and be a comfortable living space. The handcuffs, would make it difficult, but if you're lucky, that could be your key out of here. From the looks on their faces, the others seem to be having the same idea that you are. Kevin slips off his flip-flops while walking.
You all seem to have the same coundown in your heads. 3...2...1... Christina turns suddenly and smacks the guard behind her hard enough to knock off his glasses. Then you all run for it, the guards close in pursuit. Even Kayla, who isn't the fastest runner, manages to keep ahead of the guards. You hear something click, and suddenly something smashes the sand in front of you. You can just barely get a glimpse of the silvery bullet in the sand. You and the other ex-prisoners get up onto one of the wooden docks. The guards don't seem to shoot to kill, but they manage to hit Chris in the back of the leg. She almost falls over while jumping onto the nearest boat; a black one that is the smallest of all of them. You didn't think about it, but you don't seem to have a key or anything to help. Kayla holds the key to the handcuffs, which she managed to snatch just as she took off. You take turns unlocking each other's cuffs. Kevin takes another key from her and uses it to unlock the door into the boat, which you all quickly get into, slamming it shut just as the guards make it there. Kevin gets up to the wheel... but the key won't fit into the slot correctly. The windows are clearly force-resistant, but a guard shoots one with his silver pistol and cracks it. More gunshots. The boat key finally fits, Kevin starts it up, but not before the glass is shattered. The guards burst in, and you all hold your hands up in surrender...
You walk with the rest of the prisoners, last in line, handcuffed behind the back and with leg-irons connecting you all by chains. The concrete floor is extra cold underneath your bare feet, and even the air around you is just as bad. After your capture, you were taken to the place which you were heading to before. You have just exited a changing room, in which you changed from your normal prison clothes. (The boys had to remove all of their clothes, then put on only a simple pair of dark grey shorts, which were almost knee-length with no pockets and an elastic waist. No shirt, no shoes, no underpants. The girls had to do similarly. They now wear something barely even a shirt, with no sleeves and cut off enough to expose a good portion of the belly. The shorts are the length of short-shorts. Like the boys, they have no shoes.) You get to a room which is only accessed by a metal door. It is rectangular, with two clusters of lightbulbs on the ceiling, dimly lighting the entire scene. Eight cells - four cells on each wall without a door, facing each other - are in the room. Christina is the first to enter one. She is shoved inside, then in addition to her handcuffs she is forced to wear shackles that are bolted to the wall. Going down the line, you are given the final cell with the same treatment. This cell is hardly any different from the last one, besides the fact that it is much dirtier in here. You still have a toilet and a bed, though to lay in it you'd have to hold your hands above your head.
Just as the announcer said, the guards came back a few hours later, taking Christina out of her cell. She has 2 huge guards on either side of her, leading her out of the room you're in. ****************************************************************** The next day, you are brought 2 meals throughout the day. You have no idea what time of day it is, but you know that it's late when Christina comes back into the room with the guards. She is red-faced and sweating, in the same clothes as she was left in. She is put back in her cell, the barred door slamming shut loudly. Kevin is taken next. ****************************************************************** The next day, Kevin comes back in as well. Kayla is sent up for the challenge. You try to control your anxiety as you go to sleep that night, knowing that you're up tomorrow.
The next night, strangely, Kayla doesn't come back. This concerns you at first. Maybe she succeeded and therefore didn't have to come back here? Maybe she tried a real escape again and failed? Whatever the reason, the guards came back without her, coming straight to your cell and opening it. They un-shackle you from the wall, but keep your cuffs on. Your heart is pounding with the strength of a shotgun as they take you out of the room...
You sit on the bench of the cell you're supposed to escape from. The guards blindfolded you, and your hands are secured to wrist things on the wall, which they said would release the moment you should start plotting your escape. They ran you through the place twice, but you failed to memorize most of it. You still wear the same minimal clothing as before, which won't make your run much easier. After waiting for about 10 minutes, the wrist restrictions open, and you rip off your blindfold, searching your cell for the way to escape.
I know this is pretty anti-climactic... but everything here is all up to chance. Just choose one of the numbers below, then find the corresponding part. (It's below the Finish - Failure/Success entries so that you don't see it by mistake.) Please be honest and stick with your answer.
(F1)
(F2)
(F3)
(F4)
(F5)
(F6)
(F7)
(F8)
(F9)
(F10)
(Finish - Failure) The guards march you back into the basement of the makeshift prison, your hands behind your back. You can see Chris and Kevin with worried looks out of the corner of your eye. You're shoved back into your cell and the shackles on the walls are put on your again. The guards slam your cell door shut and walk out of the room, leaving you to think about your failure. (Skip to an entry with "Failed" in front of it.)
(Finish - Success) You wait in the room that the "gate" led to. Eventually, guards come in, handcuffing you in the front. Your mind races. What's happening now? Are you being sent back to that place? The guards march you through the halls, back outside, and back on the same path as before to get to the building. Once inside the building, you fear that you'll be returned to the basement, but instead you take a different route. The only smooth wooden door in this place, painted greyish, is where you are. The guards remove your restraints, open the door, and push you inside, slamming and locking the door afterwards. ******************************************************************** You aren't sure what you expected, but this certainly wasn't it. This is the best room here you've seen so far. It's about the size of your average hotel room. The walls and ceiling are white - and NORMAL, not bricks - and the floor is a brown carpet that gives a welcome feeling. There are 3 nice-looking, orange-gold beds here, each sized for 1 person only, made nicely with a sheet and a gold-colored, decent blanket on it. There are two more wooden doors on either wall to your left and right. Desks with drawers sit between each bed, with lamps on top of them, plugged into the wall. A ceiling fan has lights which illuminates the entire room. There's also a small TV to your right as you walk in. Kayla is sitting in here already. She is sitting on the center bed, back slouched against the wall, with her legs extended and a novel-sized book in hand. She's wearing a white cotton shirt with short sleeves and sky blue pajama-like pants, with white socks on her feet.
(NOTE) Answers to if you succeeded or not: (Go back up and read Finish - Failure/Success, depending on which applies. Also click on what you chose.)
(F1) You won.
(F2) You failed...
(F3) You failed...
(F4) You failed...
(F5) You failed...
(F6) You won.
(F7) You failed...
(F8) You won.
(F9) You failed...
(F10) You failed...
When she puts the book down, Kayla greets you and points out which of the side rooms is a closet and which is a bathroom. You take a look in the closet, and you can see that they have a much wider variety than what you've seen before. You take some clothes and head into the bathroom to shower. After that, what shirt do you change into?
T-shirt
Long-sleeved T-shirt
Sweatshirt (Hoodie)
Sweater
Button-down shirt
Suit
I keep what I have / remain shirtless
What pants do you wear?
Jeans
Shorts
Sweatpants
Gym shorts
Dress Pants
Short Skirt
Long skirt
Skinny Jeans
Yoga Pants
Do you wear socks or not?
Wear socks
Go without socks
I wear shoes inside...
Regardless of what you do in the meantime, eventually you take a bed and fall asleep there, finally REALLY relaxing for the first time in a very long while. ******************************************************************** The next morning, a knock on the door wakes you up. On the other side, a guard calls in saying that you need to go to check the results. He says they're coming in in exactly 2 minutes. You and Kayla shake off your sleep as quickly as possible. Kayla goes to the closet, yanks the door open, and quickly puts on a dark blue hoodie and gym shoes. You may change as well.
In a short, organized line, a guard leads in front of Kayla while another on lags behind you. The building is silent except for your footsteps. After several turns, the door leading outside is opened, and you are led out onto the short forest trail that leads to the beach. There you see Kevin and Chris waiting, handcuffed and a bulky guard holding their arms. Despite now wearing grey cotton shirts, they are dressed the same way as when you last saw them. An expression of shock is stained on their faces when they see how you've been treated. The morning sun is still low in the sky, and the light breeze and sand underfoot would be wonderful if it weren't for the handcuffs on your wrists. Eventually, you make it to the main building. Through several chilly hallways, and then through a door that opens up to an office-like setting, with seats for each of the competitors.
(Failed) You are woken up by a guard slamming the metal door to the room. One of the guards walks to each cell, opens it, and then you hear a clicking and closing of the door. When he gets to you, you are released from your restraints, and are handed a greyish cotton shirt (With underwear if you're male.) The guards look away while Kevin (And possibly you) change into them. You are then released from your cell, only to be handcuffed and forced into a line with Christina and Kevin. ****************************************************************** The trio of competitors waits on the beach, with two hunky guards holding your arms. The morning sun is just barely up, and a nice, soft breeze blows past your bare arms and legs. These, combined with the soft sand underfoot would be comforting, if it weren't for the circumstances. You hear, footsteps, and everyone sees Kayla approaching your group. She's wearing a midnight blue hoodie with faded sky blue sweatpants. White flip-flops are on her feet. You are all arranged into a line and taken towards the main building. Inside there, the guards masterfully navigate the halls until coming to a wooden door. The front guard opens it, revealing a very official looking office with chairs for each of you.
The announcer sits at a desk in front of the 4 wooden chairs. The office has a navy blue carpet on top of its wooden floor. There are white walls with paintings and such on them, with several filing cabinets behind the desk. The announcer's laptop sits on the desk, open and facing him. Each of you are seated. "So," the announcer says, "I bet you're wondering who won?" He pauses. "The winner will receive up to the equivalent of 500 U.S. dollars, that worth in objects. In other words, We'll offer you up to 3 things with a cost that doesn't go above, 500 U.S. dollars. And now, without any other crap from me..." He turns the laptop around, showing the final scores. (Go back to your previous trials, and add up all the points you earned. For the trials that were out of 15, divide those by 3 and round up. Then enter each person's grand total below.)
You:
Christina:
Kevin:
Kayla:
Who won? (If there's a tie, flip a coin or something.)
You
Christina
Kevin
Kayla
Everyone follows with the reaction you would probably expect from them. The announcer turns his laptop around. "You're not leaving immediately, though." He says, "You still have 3 more days here until we can let you go. But we won't be so strict, especially on our winner. The guards will show you your next destination." The guards line you all up again, and take you into the hall. One short walk later, you're back in the changing room. Once again, you must decide... shirt?
T-shirt
Long-Sleeved T-shirt
Sweatshirt + Undershirt
Sweatshirt - No undershirt
Sleeveless Shirt
Jacket
I keep what I have
Pants or legwear?
Gym Shorts
Yoga pants
Long Skirt
Skinny Jeans
I keep what I have
Short(ish) Skirt
Jeans
Shorts
Sweatpants
Footwear?
Gym Shoes + Socks
Sandals + Socks
Flip-flops
Gym Shoes - No socks
Nothing
I keep what I have
Socks only
Sandals - No socks
(DQA) You come out of the changing stall... and...
Chris has a light grey sweatshirt, black yoga pants, and sandals.
Kyle has a dark grey T-shirt, lighter gym shorts, and gym shoes.
Kayla wears a black sweatshirt, dark blue skinny jeans, and gym shoes.
Now the guards handcuff each of you again, then lead you out into the hall, where you're all quickly separated. The room yours takes you to depends on whether you won or not... so, did you win?
No (G1)
Yes (G2)
(G1) You come to a small metal door. The guard opens it, revealing actually an okay place. The brown carpet is soft, there's a tan bed with actual blankets. The walls are white, and a cluster of lightbulbs on the ceiling lights the room. Across from the bed, to your left, is a very small TV. There's another door on the other side of the room; you assume this leads to the bathroom. There's also a stack of books and a lamp by and end-table near the bed. What do you do now?
(G1 Continued) You wake up in the morning to a heavy knock on your door. You've stayed in this room for about three days, with fresh clothes being brought (Of the same kind you're wearing) yesterday and being fed three decent meals per day. You get up out of your bed and shake off your sleep. As you'd expect, one of the guards comes in. What you DON'T expect is for him to tell you to turn around and put your hands behind your back. You do so, and he unsurprisingly handcuffs you and takes you into the hall, saying that you'd get an explanation soon enough.
(G1 Continued) You end up back where the changing room is. The guard takes you in, shuts the door, then removes your restraints. Then he grabs some grey clothes from a shelf and tosses them to you. "Get in the stalls and change, quickly." he says. You expect there to be something ready to stop you if you try to escape now, so you do. Like what has happened before, as you're changing the guard orders you to slip ALL of your previous clothes under the door of the changing stall. By the time you're done, you've changed into what seems like a medium grey prison suit. The top is button-down and has a stained white shirt underneath. Neither of those shirts have sleeves. Your pants are typical prison-suit pants, grey, and long enough to almost touch the floor. You were provided no footwear. When you come out, the guard almost immediately handcuffs you and takes you outside again.
(G1 Continued) You're taken through the halls of the building again, but to a new set of double-doors. They lead directly outside, where a small helicopter waits on a clearing in the forest, on flat ground. Another one sits on the same platform, far behind it. You can see a few small people around it, looking like they're preparing for a trip. The guard takes you down the dirt trail to the helicopter. The chilly air feels especially cold on your arms, and you are getting very nervous. Once you get to the platform with the helicopter, you see the announcer standing and watching the other men work. With time, you notice the other losers of the games appear next to you, all dressed similarly with their hands behind their backs, held captive by guards. The announcer turns to all you once one of the workers gives him a thumbs-up. "Well," he begins to say, "Unfortunately you all lost the game, and have to deal with the consequences." He now nods to a man who gets in to pilot the helicopter. "We're not done with you yet. Get in, and the rest will be explained on the way." You are each helplessly taken into the machine, one-by-one stepping onto the cold metal floor of the vehicle and crammed across the wide back seats. You each then have leg irons, all becoming chained to each other. The announcer and several other men fill the vehicle before the doors are shut and it lifts into the air... (SKIP to where it says "ENDING")
(G2) You come to a small wooden door. When the guard opens it, you actually see a nice(ish) place. The floor is white, fluffy carpet, and there's a single bed with brown blankets and pillows set against the wall. The walls and ceiling are white, fully lit by a cluster of lights attached to a ceiling fan. To the left of the door is a small TV sitting on a short bookcase, with a few more popular works from across a couple languages. You can see a door in the corner which opens to a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and sink. There's an end-table with a lamp at the side of the bed. The guard lets you go, shuts the door and locks it. What do you do now?
(G2 Continued) You're waken up by a loud pounding on the door. You've stayed in this room for three days after you were taken here, given three decent meals per day. You get up and shake off your sleep as a guard comes in. You'd expect him, but you DON'T expect him to order you to turn around, and then handcuff you without warning. He leads you out of the room quickly, without any explanation or allowing you any time to get ready.
(G2 Continued) You end up back where the changing room is. The guard takes you in, shuts the door, then removes your restraints. Then he grabs some clothes from a shelf and tosses them to you. "Get in the stalls and change, quickly." he says. You expect there to be something ready to stop you if you try to escape now, so you do. Like what has happened before, as you're changing the guard orders you to slip ALL of your previous clothes under the door of the changing stall. Finally, you step out of the changing stall and look at yourself in a nearby, tall, full-body mirror. You're wearing what looks like navy blue prison clothes. The top has a white undershirt beneath a button-down prison shirt with long sleeves. Your pants are typical pants you'd expect from a prison, long enough to almost touch the floor. For shoes, you only have a cheap pair of slippers that you'd also expect to get from a prison. The guard handcuffs you again and leads you out.
(G2 Continued) You're taken through the halls of the building again, but to a new set of double-doors. They lead directly outside, where a small helicopter waits on a clearing in the forest, on flat ground. Another one sits on the same platform, far behind it. You can see a few small people around it, looking like they're preparing for a trip. The guard takes you down the dirt trail to the helicopter. However, rather than going to the first one, you are led to the side of the platform and are taken across to the second one. More men are loading up the first one, and the second seems meant only for a couple people. You catch a glimpse of the others waiting by the first one. They wear clothes similar to yours, except that they're all barefoot and have grey clothes. You go right up to the open door of the helicopter, and you're put inside, in the black back seat, without your restrains removed. The guard also puts a chain around one of your angles, keeping you attached to the seat. The announcer comes in after a while. "Well, congratulations." He says. "Unfortunately, I lied to you about the reward. The REAL reward is that you don't have to put up with what the others do. We'll use this to bring you close to your home, but you're on your own from there. And if you tell anyone about this... we WILL find you again..." With that, he leaves the vehicle. A few more men come in and shut the doors, and the helicopter begins to lift off...
(ENDING)
Now, before I let you go, I have a few questions like in the first installment. What did you think of this ?
Awesome
Good
Okay
Bad
Awful
How do you like this one compared to the previous one?
MUCH better
Better
Only a little better
About the same
Only slightly worse
Worse
MUCH worse
Optional: Explain why you think this one is better or worse.
If I were to make a third installment, do you have any suggestions?
This poll was created on 2014-09-14 01:53:41 by the unknown