Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
SAFE MODE: ON HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Prayer In School

Prayer is NOT allowed in school currently, JUDEO CHRISTAIN PRAYER is allowed. T

Posted by Larry Lin on 2004-03-25 02:17:36

Amen. ========== In Reply To ========== Wrong! Schools do a fine job of humanism and clouding people's minds. Why is our world slowly degenerating? Because we have lost God/Christ over the years. I know this really means nothing to you, but you better be right, because if you are not, in the end you will be questioned. =)

Every knee shall bow.... Count on it!

Posted by Larry Lin on 2004-03-25 02:21:11

I don't know if this a Christian site or not, but I’ll make it clear that I'm a Christian. If you disagree with me, that's fine. It's your choice.

This is what I believe. There is a God, and He is a perfect God. In fact, He is so perfect that He cannot even face sin. Therefore, those with sin are not allowed to enter heaven. He made us, but every man on earth has sinned. We all have had some kind of evil desire in our heart, whether it is a lie, hatred, a lust for something, or anything like that. Romans 3:23 says, "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..." Therefore, none of us deserves heaven. Our rightful place after death is hell.

Because of God's love, He sent His Only Son to die for our sins. His Son Jesus took our punishment. This occurred around the year 30 AD. Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Three days later, God raised Him from the dead to show that He had conquered death. I Peter 3:18 says, "For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit..."

Because of God's grace for us, we were given a second chance to enter heaven. I John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." We were saved by grace, not by actions. Ephesians 2:7-8 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast."

Being a Christian does not mean we will not sin again. It means that when we do sin, we will realize that once again we have broken God's heart. I Chronicles 16:34 says, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." His continuous love will forgive us.

We now need to ask Him to come into our lives. We need to give our lives up to Him, and He will guide us in the way He wants us to go. After all, He gave us His life. Why not give Him ours?

Once we do this, we are defined by humans as Christians. True Christians, by nature, will not just ignore the Bible's laws. We will strive to obey. We will strive to do good actions. Therefore, if someone beats his family carelessly, he shows that he is not a true Christian, and therefore will not enter heaven. True Christians allow God to direct their lives. True Christians put their faith in Jesus in everything they do. Once in a while, they sin again, but they know that Jesus forgives them.

If you have questions and comments, e-mail me at larryzlin@yahoo.com.

I have finished my work here. Amen.

========== In Reply To ========== Oh, get off it! Not everybody believes in Christ you know. Let me ask you this. Why would such a loving and forgiving G-d punish those who think for themselves, when he gave them a brain?

Posted by totoro on 2007-12-04 04:11:04

This is NOT a christian site. It's heading is RELIGION. I know it's hard for alot of people to believe, but there are other religions besides Christianity. Also, I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned that someone who beat his wife/kids "carelessly" wouldn't make into your heaven. Does that imply that such beating should be done carefully? Blind obedience to authority leads to greater social control by those who usually don't have anyones best interest in mind. Wake up Sheeple!