Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
SAFE MODE: ON HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Prayer In School

Prayer is NOT allowed in school currently, JUDEO CHRISTAIN PRAYER is allowed. T

Posted by ? ? on 2001-04-14 21:18:23

I actually tried pushing these limits when I was in High School 12 years ago. I brought in the necessary books and scripts and organized a prayer ritual meeting for satanism once, a taoist celebration another time and a communist religious celebration yet another time. Each time, they were in the process of being forcibly shut down by school officials, until the ACLU lawyer with me smiled at them. Each time the school district tried to punish me and each time I was able to get off (since both my father and I were voting members of the town board of education at the time). It is amazing how thoughtless we are. Prayer is not and should not be allowed in schools. School is mandatory to attend and is a function of the state. Hence no prayer or religion should be allowed, religion helps to cloud peoples' minds, the exact opposite of what schools are supposed to do.

Posted by LadyXan on 2001-04-28 13:42:29

Wrong! Schools do a fine job of humanism and clouding people's minds. Why is our world slowly degenerating? Because we have lost God/Christ over the years. I know this really means nothing to you, but you better be right, because if you are not, in the end you will be questioned. =)

Every knee shall bow.... Count on it!

========== In Reply To ========== [snip]

religion helps to cloud peoples' minds, the exact opposite of what schools are supposed to do.

Posted by Leah on 2001-06-07 21:17:53

Oh, get off it! Not everybody believes in Christ you know. Let me ask you this. Why would such a loving and forgiving G-d punish those who think for themselves, when he gave them a brain?

========== In Reply To ========== Wrong! Schools do a fine job of humanism and clouding people's minds. Why is our world slowly degenerating? Because we have lost God/Christ over the years. I know this really means nothing to you, but you better be right, because if you are not, in the end you will be questioned. =)

Posted by Teshi on 2001-08-15 00:12:25

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how much of this story I believe. First of all, you were a voting member of the school board while you were in high school? A lawyer from the ACLU was willing to participate in your stunt? (well, that one I might believe... ;) ) And thirdly, communist...religion? Call me miss silly, but isn't communism a political movement, and moreover, one that generally looks down upon organized religion?

Teshi

========== In Reply To ========== I actually tried pushing these limits when I was in High School 12 years ago. I brought in the necessary books and scripts and organized a prayer ritual meeting for satanism once, a taoist celebration another time and a communist religious celebration yet another time. Each time, they were in the process of being forcibly shut down by school officials, until the ACLU lawyer with me smiled at them. Each time the school district tried to punish me and each time I was able to get off (since both my father and I were voting members of the town board of education at the time). It is amazing how thoughtless we are. Prayer is not and should not be allowed in schools. School is mandatory to attend and is a function of the state. Hence no prayer or religion should be allowed, religion helps to cloud peoples' minds, the exact opposite of what schools are supposed to do.

Posted by Lauren on 2001-11-20 22:35:22

Shut up you bible thumper. All the cool people are going to hell anyway.

========== In Reply To ========== Wrong! Schools do a fine job of humanism and clouding people's minds. Why is our world slowly degenerating? Because we have lost God/Christ over the years. I know this really means nothing to you, but you better be right, because if you are not, in the end you will be questioned. =)