Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
SAFE MODE: ON HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

Homosexuality

choice?

Posted by jakeobb@yahoo.com on 2003-03-05 15:24:01

Here is a prime reason why being gay is not a choice: Gay youth are seven times more likely to commit suicide than straight youth. Being gay myself, i know this for a fact. I was once suicidal because i thought that no one would accept me for who i am. Let me tell you, back then all i ever wanted was to be straight. Why would someone choose to live a life that they know is going to be so much harder and filled with so much pain? Today i am proud to be gay and if i had the choice to switch, i would not. But one year ago, when i was dealing with the homophobia that lay around me in my school, i would have changed in an instant.

AS a response to the person who said that being gay is ok, it's just sinful to "commit the act" I have a praposal. I want to see you be straight but never have sex. see if that works for a while and if it does then tell me and if not, then wouldn't you think that that "sin" is a little weird? ~me

Posted by HungBoy on 2003-09-05 00:46:30

i am 15 and i am gay. i havent came out and it is the hardest thing to keep quiet. i have older brothers which doesnt help because they both always had girlfriends. sometimes i feel it would be best to come out but then i know alot my friends will probaly not talk to me again. i dislike how people feel about being gay like i wanted to be like this. like you were i wish i was st8 but reading stuff that you and other people wright makes me feel better.

========== In Reply To ========== Here is a prime reason why being gay is not a choice: Gay youth are seven times more likely to commit suicide than straight youth. Being gay myself, i know this for a fact. I was once suicidal because i thought that no one would accept me for who i am. Let me tell you, back then all i ever wanted was to be straight. Why would someone choose to live a life that they know is going to be so much harder and filled with so much pain? Today i am proud to be gay and if i had the choice to switch, i would not. But one year ago, when i was dealing with the homophobia that lay around me in my school, i would have changed in an instant.

AS a response to the person who said that being gay is ok, it's just sinful to "commit the act" I have a praposal. I want to see you be straight but never have sex. see if that works for a while and if it does then tell me and if not, then wouldn't you think that that "sin" is a little weird? ~me

Posted by Old Geezer on 2004-01-15 15:32:12

I am 50 years old, and a virgin. So, in answer to your proposal, YES, you can live without sex. I made the choice when I was 12 and have kept it all my life. So, I am neither hetero, nor homo, I am monosexual. I made my decision partly based on my faith in God. My faith teaches that ALL sex outside of a male/female marriage is sin. Doesn't matter if you are hetero or homo, if not married, then it is sin. So, I have based my lifes actions on that belief. It works for me.

As for you and others, it's totally your decision. You choose what actions you are going to take, in accordance with your priority, your faith, your conscience, your God.

I do not judge others, it's not my job.

May you find peace within yourself, and with your God, in this matter.

========== In Reply To ==========

Posted by shaun h on 2012-07-06 18:23:16

It ain't a matter of choice, you're either gay, bi, or straight, and that's the way it is! You religious types preaching about sin and the rest of that cojones want to remember what your Jesus said about those without sin casting the first stone, and taking the plank out of your eyes. The only choice could be that you choose to go thru life denying what you are, but whats the point in that? I'm bi, and came out to my pastor aged 15. He told me that if I ever had "carnal relations" with another man, I'd go straight to Hell. I've never been back to that church since, and found much more tolerant people at my local Buddhist community group. They accept you for what and who you are, a much more acceptable philosophy if you ask me.