Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
SAFE MODE: ON HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

**BLACK MEN ONLY** Black vs. White Women (NEW QUESTIONS!!!)

Anyone into a bit of philo....

Posted by Brownsuga' on 2003-11-21 13:06:08

The human mind is a funny thing. We all think we're unique and yet we can't be sure. We all think we know ourselves and yet I am not too sure we do. Ask me tomorrow and I can't even give you a precise description about what mood I am in as I post this message. Do I really know myself? Most of us make an effort trying to understand the outside world and make sense out of it without being able to even sort out our thoughts, beliefs, feelings by seriously considering them through the values deep within us. It's fine to think that the problem is out there but it is usually the easy way out the weak resort to. As we have seen for ourselves in this very poll, people have a habit of pointing their fingers.

Shapely, perhaps you need to play a little mind game. Imagine yourself in the shoes of those people you are very much angry with. Try to see the various reaons why things happen to be the way they are. See them in your minds eye, and reason out with the various outcomes. Perhaps it's not as infuriating as you thought it was. Or perhaps, you decide that the things that happened are wrong but it won't affect your life. Perhaps....perhaps...

Jubeisan, if you look around you, you would notice that many people seem to to be mixed up with their identities. What do you think the reason is behind it? There are several factors I believe but what would you say are the most important ones??

Brownsuga'

Posted by Shapely on 2003-11-21 16:22:00

I hear what you are saying to a certain extent. But, because of people not understanding the human mind they so quickly jump from one mindset to another from day to day. People have to learn to have better focus and remain consistent in knowing what is right, and what is wrong. Rather then allowing their mindset to be lead to all that leads to having a obstructed, and destructive mind because of what their surroundings are, and trying to fit in.

really know!

if you are an adult how can you not know this?

========== In Reply To ========== The human mind is a funny thing. We all think we're unique and yet we can't be sure. We all think we know ourselves and yet I am not too sure we do. Ask me tomorrow and I can't even give you a precise description about what mood I am in as I post this message. Do I really know myself? Most of us make an effort trying to understand the outside world and make sense out of it without being able to even sort out our thoughts, beliefs, feelings by seriously considering them through the values deep within us. It's fine to think that the problem is out there but it is usually the easy way out the weak resort to. As we have seen for ourselves in this very poll, people have a habit of pointing their fingers.

Shapely, perhaps you need to play a little mind game. Imagine yourself in the shoes of those people you are very much angry with. Try to see the various reaons why things happen to be the way they are. See them in your minds eye, and reason out with the various outcomes. Perhaps it's not as infuriating as you thought it was. Or perhaps, you decide that the things that happened are wrong but it won't affect your life. Perhaps....perhaps...

Jubeisan, if you look around you, you would notice that many people seem to to be mixed up with their identities. What do you think the reason is behind it? There are several factors I believe but what would you say are the most important ones??

Brownsuga'

Posted by Shapely on 2003-11-21 16:48:18

I'm calling out the white girls who visit this site!

Why is it you visit this site, and once a party says something that is of truth in regards to how some white women are in character, and their actions when with black men, not one of you looks to state your innocence from what is said, which is so obvious to others about the mindset, and character of some white girls who look to be with black men.

why do you all just allow black men to defend themselves, and he is with you a white who is known to be racist, and think less of black people, because of the sickness of needing to feel superior.

just wondering! if you don't respond, I do know why

Posted by MrN on 2003-11-21 18:36:41

Philosophers around the world have fought with this question for centuries, To Know One Self... it's not as easy to answer as one might think. We are programmed from day one, by our parents, by society, by pop culture and so on and so forth. The trick is to toss off all the biases and preconcieved ideas, which isn't easy at all either... what is left after all those things are gone should, idealy, be the original "you" so to speak... I've been on this earth for 37 years, and still I haven't fully found myself, though I'm still working on it. I've found that listening to my heart helps (that too isn't easy, the heart has no "right" opinions, only ones true feelings) it's a bit of a job, and it's neccessary to be very aware of ones ingrained thoughts and reactions... it's doable, but takes work and good freinds that are able to listen (luckily I have such friends). Anyway, just my two cents here. Be well all you lovely folks. Greets from MrN ========== In Reply To ========== The human mind is a funny thing. We all think we're unique and yet we can't be sure. We all think we know ourselves and yet I am not too sure we do. Ask me tomorrow and I can't even give you a precise description about what mood I am in as I post this message. Do I really know myself? Most of us make an effort trying to understand the outside world and make sense out of it without being able to even sort out our thoughts, beliefs, feelings by seriously considering them through the values deep within us. It's fine to think that the problem is out there but it is usually the easy way out the weak resort to. As we have seen for ourselves in this very poll, people have a habit of pointing their fingers.

Brownsuga'

Posted by tsanders on 2003-11-22 05:00:42

========== In Reply To ========== Why is it you visit this site, and once a party says something that is of truth in regards to how some white women are in character, and their actions when with black men, not one of you looks to state your innocence from what is said, which is so obvious to others about the mindset, and character of some white girls who look to be with black men.

why do you all just allow black men to defend themselves, and he is with you a white who is known to be racist, and think less of black people, because of the sickness of needing to feel superior.

just wondering! if you don't respond, I do know why

OMG Tayers - do your posts even make sense to you???? We've been through all this - I am not any of your little 'white girl' stereotypes and I have told you before that I am with my husband because I genuinely love him.

Sometimes you just can't help who you fall in love with - he is my soulmate and I am SO in love with the person he is inside - it has nothing to do with color and I am not racist.

I KNOW that you don't believe me and that's on you - I can't change what you believe any more than I can change what the 'white man' did to black people (though God knows I wish I could!!)

The only reason I am responding is to prove you wrong - there are white girls that do believe that they are in IR relationships for none of your stupid reasons

TAKE CARE ;-)