Welcome! Sign in to access your account. New user?
SAFE MODE: ON HOME DIRECTORY SEARCH RANDOM POLL MAKE A POLL

I Was Spanked Poll

Naughty Lisa!!!

Posted by Jere Smythe on 2001-02-13 23:47:15

I think you get off on spanking your daughter, sicko.

========== In Reply To ========== You didn't even respond to that one guy's criticism. Your punishment, by spanking, of your daughter is ineffective, true or false? If you answered true to my question, there is no intelligent reason to spank your daughter, if you answered false then you are ignoring the facts.

Why don't you try to use punishments like grounding, extra chores, loss of certain privlidges, instead of 1940's style corporal punishment.

Posted by dan on 2001-02-13 23:54:09

Dave and Brian bring up some good points, I think. I mean you are continuing a punishment that doesn't work in the first place. That just shows a basic lack of intelligence man.

I think that you really need to re-evaluate your idea of effective punishment. There are many ways to punish a teenage girl that would be much more deterring than the threat of a spanking. I'm sure she likes to talk on the phone, why don't you just take that away for a month. Or maybe you should ground her for two weekends and force her to really clean the house. Granted David's message was rude, but he has a point. All you have to do to help your daugter to behave is think.

========== In Reply To ========== You didn't even respond to that one guy's criticism. Your punishment, by spanking, of your daughter is ineffective, true or false? If you answered true to my question, there is no intelligent reason to spank your daughter, if you answered false then you are ignoring the facts.

Why don't you try to use punishments like grounding, extra chores, loss of certain privlidges, instead of 1940's style corporal punishment.

Posted by Rob White on 2001-02-14 00:02:21

Please ignore this idiot and don't use him as more of a reason to spank your daughter.

Getting to the subject though, all David, Brian, and Dan are asking you to do is think about what you're doing... I mean really think about it, and ask yourself is it really the most effective way to punish your daughter. I think (at least I hope) that you'll come to the same conclusion we have

========== In Reply To ========== I think you get off on spanking your daughter, sicko.

Posted by john on 2001-02-14 01:45:41

========== In Reply To ========== Perhaps yours is a good case for the web site called Punishment Selector. The site arbitrarily comes up with a punishment, and the parent and child agree to abide by whatever it is that particular time. It means that the child does agree to getting punished. Examples of punishments possible: grounding, spanking, no telephone, extra chores, child's choice, parents' choice, no TV. the parent alone decides the degree of infraction and thus degree of punishment (days without TV or telephone, kinds and days of extra chores, manner of spanking and how many strokes, etc.).
The site has comments from several parents and several youngsters, some very heart-felt, some very crude. Personally, I don't think much of it. I think the parent should decide how to punish the child on the basis of the degree of infraction. However, one father's comments on that web site do make a convincing case.

Posted by clyde on 2001-02-14 01:57:27

========== In Reply To ========== Just an opinion: I think a father should use an implement and keep his hands off a child's behind, whether son or daughter. The bible's discussion about "the rod" clearly indicates that, and the use of a paddle, strap, etc., will prevent the kind of bodily contact that can too easily become sexually related. The use of a paddle or strap need not make it any more painful. Straps can tend to make black-and-blue marks or, if licked on hard enough, even welts, whereas paddles, esp. those made of lexan, sting with less danger of markings, esp. if they have holes.
I use a lexan paddle and give it to my boys and my girl standing up, so it has no danger of harming muscles that are taut because of being bent over. My girl gets it through her underwear; my boys get it straight to the behind. If need be, my 14-year-old boy gets a very effective thrashing that way that let's him clear the air of his wrong-doing. Conversely, it happens very seldom, perhaps once or twice a year. Given good preparation and good follow-through, including lots of love then and at all times in the house, it's a terrific boon to his well-being. He has actually told me afterward that he got what he deserved and thanked me for it! Yes, it was horrible, but it cleared the air and his mind from guilt due to unpunished disobedience. That's not child abuse; that's helping a child deal with the realities of his life situation.